You'll be our product brand expert, ensuring that the Aldi personality is always unique, powerful and consistent in the marketplace.
Managing a team of Marketing/PR Assistants, you'll oversee all our product advertising, marketing and PR processes and systems. It's about strategy - advising the business, managing projects and working with independent experts. In this fast-paced role, you'll take on far more responsibility and autonomy than you'd expect elsewhere. That means you need to stay calm under pressure and produce results. But it's also somewhere you have more scope to influence the business. Just the way you like it.
We do things our own way at Aldi. But whatever we're doing, we must be getting it right. With a wave of impressive sales figures behind us, we're opening new stores at lightning speed. Which means our marketing and communications need to keep up.
This is a fast-paced role with a variety of responsibilities. This Communications Manager is responsible for running a proactive programme of engagement and announcements to promote and protect Aldi's reputation with Regional Media and Political stakeholders. In addition, this person is responsible for managing an Awards and Endorsements programme designed to help communicate Aldi's product and brand credentials.
This role requires management of a small in-house team, as well as management of a supporting PR agency and the associated budgeting responsibilities. The role is on a full-time basis, based in the Atherstone Buying Department with travel required infrequently. This dynamic and challenging role requires resilience, and flexibility is a must.
• Oversees and manages processes and systems in all areas of Communications.
• Works with marketing agencies to ensure a steady and consistent point of contact for ALDI.
• Develops, recommends, implements and manages systems and processes in the areas of Communications within the Corporate Buying Department and ensures an efficient and cooperative working environment.
• Acts as the liaison between Corporate Buying and External PR agencies.
• Liaises with the regions to ensure timely and efficient information flow.
• Manages and liaises with the PR agency and Communications Assistant to ensure timely delivery and accuracy in published materials and media.
• Plans and recommends Communications material in areas of responsibility.
• Manages and controls the budget in areas of responsibility.
• 2.1 degree (or equivalent qualification)
• Professional experience in Public Affairs
• PR experience
• Experience managing a team
• Skilled in copy writing and checking
• Expertise in Awards and Endorsements is highly desirable
• PowerPoint presentation skills
• Ideally you will be knowledgeable in politics