Project Manager - Facilities
An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced Project Manager to join an International engineering brand on a contract basis. This company can be found on and around everything that moves. Manufacturing highly engineered components and systems for a wide variety of global markets. Their technological expertise creates a more sustainable future for us all.
The Project Manager will lead the facilities refurbishment of one of their state-of-the-art sites. You will be working with the current team to ensure the project is delivered on time, to budget and up to the required high standard.
As Project Manager, you will provide technical and managerial support to the Directors and senior stakeholders in the delivery of the facility related projects across the site. A key component of the role is to liaise with all key stakeholders and to project manage the end to end delivery of the refurbishments.
This is a varied and challenging position for the successful Project Manager, which will draw from a broad range of skills including; problem solving, multitasking, teamwork and leadership.
- Liaise with key stakeholders to support & prepare plans for the refurbishments and other property related projects
- Select contractors and procure services for the delivery
- Liaise with external property professionals - designers, architects, surveyors, building control as an example
- Ensure the project is managed and delivered in accordance with all relevant building regulations, occupational health and safety legislation and other related statutory requirements
- Prepare and maintain property metrics and management information
- Assist with other general facilities projects, duties and operations
- Undertake problem solving activities across the site
- Promote effective lean principles and be a driving influence in the process of continual improvement
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- A sound understanding of the demands of Facility Management
- Successful delivery of end to end facilities related projects
- A relevant degree or HNC required
- Management of occupational health and safety with a strong understanding of related building regulations
- Assist the business with their understanding of all requirements particularly with change and regulatory demands
- Have a sound understanding of;
- PRINCE 2
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite able to produce reports & specifications
Monday - Friday 8.30am - 5pm 37.5 hours