Linux IT Systems Administrator
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an incredibly exciting E-commerce business, who have grown to become an industry-leading, multi award-winning business. Due to their growth, they are now recruiting for a Linux IT Systems Administrator to join their team at their superb new offices in central Birmingham.
- Michael Page are proud to be partnered with a a multiple award-winning E-commerce business, that run one of the largest websites in the country.
- After initially being named in the Virgin Fast Track 100, the company have continued to grow, outstripping their competition to become a true market leader.
- This continued development has now meant expansion into a fantastic new head office right in the middle of Birmingham city centre. The culture is superb, with a vibrant, energetic, work-hard-play-hard atmosphere, within a company that is truly going places.
- This is a brilliant place to work, and a great opportunity for career progression within a truly talented team, and a business that places IT at the very forefront of that they do.
- As the Linux IT Systems Administrator, you will join a highly-talented technical team, and get the chance to work in a genuinely autonomous and fun working environment, taking ownership of the security and maintenance of the Linux network.
- Reporting into the IT Director, you will act as the subject matter expert across Linux infrastructure and support within the team, taking the lead on any specific hands-on projects, as well as BAU support.
- The role will work closely with a brilliant team of in-house developers, so the chance to acquire DevOps skills will be a central part of the role.
- Hands-on work and strategic responsibilities will be part-and-parcel of the role, and you'll get to take on a lot of hands-on technical challenges, as well as having involvement in the strategic evolution of the company's IT, as they continue to grow into the market leading business within their sector.
- As the successful candidate for the Linux IT Systems Administrator vacancy, you will have a strong level of experience in Linux and/or Unix from a System Administration perspective.
- Specifically, strong Linux server experience will be essential, and you will be able to manage IT Infrastructure projects within this area.
- The back-end infrastructure is Linux-based, but end-users work off Windows, so a good background in Windows Server support will be ideal.
- A good level of experience in networking and hardware troubleshooting.
- Cloud experience, specifically AWS.
- Understanding of DevOps frameworks.
GBP40,000-GBP50,000 + extensive corporate benefits package.