IT Support Apprentice - brilliant prospects
IT Support Apprentice
Wolverhampton - GBP117-GBP200 per week
Do you love tinkering about with computers?
Do you like the challenge of seeing if you can find where the IT problem is and figuring out how to solve it?
Do your friends and family often ask for your advice on how to sort out their IT issues? Or are you the first port of call to set-up someone's new computer, laptop or smart phone?
Do you enjoy the sound of the "penny dropping" when you've been able to explain how to do something to somebody who was struggling with IT systems and programmes?
Are you a self-confessed geek? (The geek will inherit the earth!)
If the answers to these are yes, this could be the apprenticeship you've been looking for.
My client is an established business that supplies outstanding quality IT services to customers that vary from micro-businesses and SMEs to larger organisations. The focus is on world class service, becoming a trusted partner and an integral part of the client business. This brilliant opportunity has arisen as part of an ambitious, phased growth and expansion plan. The successful candidate will work directly with the company owner and be trained in all aspects from technical support and knowledge through to how to communicate and build good working relationships with customers.
You will be joining a friendly team, based in Wolverhampton, which consists of the company Owner / Director, his virtual assistants and Rosie the post dog. There is a starting salary of GBP117 - GBP200 per week, 30 hours a week (Monday - Friday), and good prospects for progression and professional development. You will also be supported in studying towards a Level 3 IT apprenticeship. Holiday entitlement is 28 days including statutory bank holidays.
The role will involve:
- Providing 1st line support
- Set up and maintenance of infrastructure
- Providing remote support to clients
- Setting up Office 365
- Migrating data and emails
- Implementing back-ups
- Setting up and repairing hardware
- Attending client sites on some occasions
- Any administration and new duties as required
You must have:
- Grade C or above in English & Maths, Level 2 functional skills (or equivalent qualification)
- A keen interest in anything IT related
- A thirst for learning new things
- Good oral communication skills - can talk to human beings as well as computers
- An ability to simplify technical jargon into plain English for the more technically challenged
- Good organisation skills and be a logical thinker
- A sense of humour
- Been a resident in the UK for a minimum of 3 years
Useful but not essential:
- GCSE ICT or Computer Science (or other qualification but must NOT have Level 3 or above in IT apprenticeship)
- Driving licence
This is a great opportunity to join a growing company, earn while you learn and equip yourself with one of the most future-proof jobs available nowadays.
Would suit: Apprentice, School Leaver, Graduate, IT Technician, IT Support, Helpdesk Support, 1st Line Support.
Please apply now to avoid disappointment.