Agricultural Technical Author
Position: Agricultural Technical Author
Type: Long TermContract with the view to going Permanent
Rate: Competitive DOE
Hours: 40 Hours per Week
Our client is a well-established International Product Development business that combine technology, usability and design solutions for a wide range of prestigious clients across the world. This includes Design Management, Digital Distribution, Innovation Labs and Delivery models just to name a few. You would be part of an experienced automotive team pushing the boundaries and striving for excellence to deliver quality results for their clients.
- To create 'best practice' repair methods and the accurate application of associated service repair times for Workshop Repair Manual (WSM), Technical Service Bulletin (TSB)'s, Update Prior to Sale Documents (UPS)
- To author developed methods in both illustrative and written form with the utilisation of CAD information to defined customer publication standards at all times.
- Work with Engineering to review the suggested service procedures and make sure they meet the required standard of repair and resolution
- Validate and identify process improvements on current published 'Remove and Install' procedures for all agreed service repair level components
- Develop illustrations in the style and format required to support service repair procedures
- Support validation technicians with the validation of all repair procedures, including those that are complex or not easily defined / developed via CAD utilisation alone to better understand the repair procedure
- Ability to convert technical engineering content and author into clear and concise English in accordance with customer authoring standards / guidelines. In doing so, applying the Terminology Lists guidelines at all times
- TSBs to be developed / modified with maximum utilisation of WSM references.
- Manage allocated / assigned TSBs from creation, through sign off stages, and onto publication in the WSM
- Presentation of information using graphical techniques (Adobe Illustrator, CAD, etc), text authoring tools, accessing the internet
- Agricultural Experience, with a strong technical background
- IT and computer literate, ability to learn new systems quickly and efficiently. Must have experience in working with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook software (ideally at intermediate level)
- Experience in working individually, within a team, and communicating effectively with the customer (previous experience working in a customer facing role)
- Capable of managing and prioritising workload and working to tight deadlines (in some instances being flexible in working hours if / when required)