Support Worker in Newcastle
Support Worker I Adults I Learning Disabilities I ST5
Contract type: full-time I part-time I bank
Salary: GBP 15,797 based on 37 hours / GBP 19,212 based on 45 hours I GBP 8.21 per hour
Where will I work?
You will be working at a Supported Living Service in Newcastle-under-Lyme (ST5) where we support six adults with conditions such as Autism (across the Spectrum), poor mobility, challenging behaviour, complex needs and other Learning Disabilities. It would be an advantage to hold a full valid driving licence as you will be required to transport our clients out and about as part of their daily care routine.
What will I be doing?
This is a varied and full on role in which no two days are the same. Your duties will include_
- Promoting the independence of the people we support
- Supporting a full range of daily activities including cleaning and cooking, days out, or going away on holiday
- Arranging activities in the home and in the local community
- Personal care, manual handling & helping with medication
What skills and qualities do I need to have?
Whilst knowledge of learning disabilities and complex needs would be beneficial, it isn't essential. What is essential is that you are_
- Passionate and enthusiastic
- Flexible, patient and non-judgemental
- Able to demonstrate good IT and communication skills
- Able to complete the physical aspects of the role such as manual handling
- Comprehensive Learning and Development opportunities - we are Investors in People Silver accredited
- 28 days holiday, increasing with each year of service until 30 days. Plus the option to purchase additional holidays
- Flexible benefit options including, bike to work schemes and season ticket loans
- Competitive Pension and Life Assurance scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme and access to online Health and Wellbeing support
- Flexible working patterns to support work/life balance
- Access to a wide range of discounts including Cinema, Groceries and Gym.
We take pride in the services that we provide. There is one vision that everyone at Turning Point shares, which is held together by our values. These include believing in potential, communicating in a confident way, embracing change and treating each other as individuals.
Running services on a not-for-profit basis, we invest every penny back into our services - and, our people. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support people with Learning Disabilities to live fulfilling lives - here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job_ we offer you a career.