Responsible Procurement & Sustainability Manager
Reporting to the Head of Programme Procurement, you will manage telent's responsible procurement, carbon reduction and risk evaluation requirements. This includes the analysis and reporting of our corporate social responsibility (CSR) and sustainability obligation including supplier risk management, performance management process and reporting.
You will also be required to review and drive the continual improvement of the telent Category Management Process and the telent Procurement Intranet site and grow telent's business by sharing our CSR success. In order to achieve this, travel will be required to customer or supplier sites
* Improve and track adherence to telent's Responsible Procurement policies and procedures, including visit to
* Work closely with the bid teams and suppliers to promote Responsible Procurement activities and grow telent's business by sharing such process to our customer at bid stage and during project delivery as required.
* Work closely with the QEHS team and Sustainability and Environmental Specialist to support the development and implementation of the CSR strategy by embedding sustainability strategies within the procurement process.
* Work closely with the HR team to implement, manage and monitor people related sustainability initiatives with the supply chain.
* Lead the creation and implementation of a supplier performance management tool
* Support the continual improvement of our 3rd party risk management process
* Support the implementation of procurement solutions which enable efficient Supply Chain processes and systems provide the best value solutions with lowest transactional cost to the business
* Develop and implement ongoing supplier CSR and sustainability governance for new and existing suppliers
* Develop and implement Supplier Governance and Performance metrics reporting for the above
* Support the continual improvement of the telent Procurement Intranet site to enable easy access to procurement information for business units.
* Support the continual improvement of Category Management processes and templates
* Promote carbon reduction initiatives to key suppliers to support telent's commitment and strategy
* Organise Responsible Procurement related Meet The buyer events and workshops with key suppliers and subcontractors to promote telent's and our clients responsible procurement requirements
* Create Contract specific Responsible Procurement action plans to incorporate client requirements
We'd be delighted to hear from you if you have the following skills/experience:
*experience in a sustainability, carbon reduction or CSR role
* A champion of the creation and implementation of change, including process, training and adoption by others
* Experience in a customer led business environment
* A genuine appreciation and understanding of procurement process, practices and the value that Procurement can bring
* A track record in delivery within a business support organisation
* Ability to interpret and understand key client, including Government contracts and industry requirements to generate economic and social benefits for the organisation and the wider community whilst protecting the environment.
* Advanced levels in MS Office products especially MS Excel
* Excellent interpersonal skills, able to initiate and drive change
* Experience in the telecommunication industry would be ideal
* Self-motivated to achieve
* Ability to create vision and drive change
* Degree/HND/HNC or equivalent in an appropriate discipline
* MCIPS Qualified or similar
* Depth and breadth of experience may be taken into account where these qualifications have not been obtained
* A key criteria for this role is the ability to work with and influence people at all levels both within the organisation and within the supply chain
* Ability to adapt and modify behaviour and approach depending on the stakeholder and their current view of the Procurement function to facilitate change
* Build trust and a collaborative relationship with suppliers, stakeholders and colleagues within the team by consistently delivering on promises and presenting a balanced view
* Innovative - capable of thinking and looking out of the box for innovative and creative solutions to problems
* Excellent persuasion and negotiation skills - being a champion for change!
* Tenacious - finds ways around difficult problems by not giving up
* Strives for continuous improvement, delivers and supports new processes and directions
* A real "Can Do" positive outlook and attitude to any problems and difficulties faced
* Leads with conviction and commitment, bestowing telent values into all aspects of delivery
Excellent employee benefits:
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages.
Join us and you can expect to receive:
* 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
* Company pension scheme
* A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
* An employee-funded car leasing scheme
* Occupational health support
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.