Company - Professional property company
Location - Birmingham City Centre
Salary - GBP20-25K (dependent upon experience)
Hours - 9am - 5.30pm Monday to Friday (with some flexibility required)
This is an excellent career opportunity for an experienced Block Manager to join our client based in Birmingham City Centre.
Working as part of the branch team you will be involved in the following:
- Understanding of annual statutory accounts and service charge accounts and experience of reviewing and explaining
- Building relationships and working with RMC/RTM Directors
- Working within the parameters of leases.
- Undertake the administration and management of the service charges for a portfolio of residential apartment blocks and housing estate developments.
- Responsible for effective delivery of all operational and business processes so as to ensure the delivery of safe, personal and professional management service.
- Taking a lead on formal resident and client liaison including residents' meetings, building relationships with clients and customers.
- Overseeing delivery of efficient and effective repair and maintenance requirements.
- Contractor appointment and management, utilising site staff where appropriate.
- Responsibility for Health & Safety.
- Service charge budgeting, financial management and reporting.
- Ensure all leaseholder legislation is complied with in delivering services;
- To deliver all business and client KPI's, comply with legislative requirements and maintain company standards in relation to service charge budgets and accounts, site inspections, risk and compliance activity, supply chain management and record keeping; Ensure all lease obligations are being delivered;
- Responsible for both day-to-day maintenance and service requirements, as well as longer term maintenance requirements in order to meet the obligations set our and to protect the client's asset, including S.20 procedures where applicable.
- Supporting the other Property Managers and colleagues as appropriate, including sharing of best practice and ensuring service consistency.
Experience and skills required:
- The applicant must possess sound overall property management experience, and ideally be IRPM qualified.
- You will be professional, polite, friendly, a strong team player, and will have exceptional customer service skills.
- You will need to have drive and enthusiasm, and must be willing to take ownership and responsibility.
We welcome approaches from candidates interested in block manager, estate manager, and property manager vacancies.