Management Accountant/Financial Controller Designate
Management Accountant/FC Designate | Burton-on-Trent | GBP35,000 - GBP40,000
Macildowie Finance is currently working on a position offering the opportunity to work for a highly successful and growing manufacturing business based in Burton-on-Trent.
Recruiting for a Management Accountant position, this newly created Job within the team will report to the Finance Director and be a pivotal part of the finance team, deliver the day-to-day accounting responsibilities for the site. This role will also act as a Financial Controller Designate with a view to succession planning in the future.
The finance team will be playing an active part in leading and supporting the company in achieving its business objectives and revenue targets by providing key financial insight and control; whilst driving improvements to the operationaland financial processes.
So what is the job?
- Produce monthly management accounts including accrual and prepayment journals
- Preparation of monthly finance packs for the Financial Director.
- Compile monthly business reports for the management team
- Update the monthly financial projections for actual results
- Preparation of the consolidated Group accounts and board pack for the Financial Director
- Daily banking and update of daily cash flow projections report
- Generating monthly reports for distribution to the management team.
- ERP super-user and development coordinator acting as the first point of contact for any ERP queries.
- Preparation of audit packs and reconciliations for the external auditors.
- Analysis of monthly operational statistics and trends including the review of raw material usage variances and maintenance variances.
- Conducting research, analysis and support in respect of special ad hoc projects for Financial Director
- Deputise for the Finance Director by attending board meetings and site meetings
What are you like?
- Qualified or finalist ACCA/CIMA/ACA
- Advanced Excel skills, ideally experience of SQL
- Able to multitask whilst maintaining priorities and meeting deadlines
- Comfortable dealing with a large and varied workload
- Experience working with non-finance managers
- A high standard of oral and written communication skills.
- Confident, organised, self-starter able to work on own initiative
- Good interpersonal skills
- Adopt a continuous improvement methodology, challenge current working practices
Package - GBP35,000 - GBP40,000
If you want to join an industry leading business with potential to grow into a bigger role then give Tom a call today, lets start the conversation and tell you more about this great job.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at .
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.