My client, an international distribution business based in Warwick are looking for an experienced credit controller to join their friendly and hardworking team. This role comes with a great package including excellent salary, up to GBP22k per annum and free onsite parking.
The purpose of the role is;
- To ensure timely collection of debtor's payments in order to minimise debtor days and maximise cash flow.
- To facilitate the resolution of customer queries efficiently.
- To work to strict deadlines and targets for; cash collection, outbound calls and % of overdue debt.
- To ensure timely allocation and posting of customer receipts
- Ensure that Customer Credit is managed in a way which will ensure maximum sales opportunity with minimum risk/exposure.
- To maintain good customer relationships, in order to resolve queries.
Key tasks will be;
- To manage the collection of customer debts whilst maintaining good relationships.
- To receive and control cash and maintain customer accounts.
- To facilitate the efficient resolution of queries in respect of outstanding invoices.
- Ensure the cashbook is completed daily and reconciled at period end.
- Participate in internal reviews to ensure timely resolution of customer queries and outstanding debts.
- Perform periodic credit limit reviews on customers and manage credit risk.
- Participate in improvement projects for both credit control processes and business processes where relevant.
Knowledge and experience required;
- Previous credit control experience is essential
- Strong numerical skills required
- Knowledge of bad debt recovery procedures and the legal process.
- Good understanding of debtor day calculations and cash targets.
- Strong IT skills required particularly excel
- Excellent telephone skills
- The ability to judge when to withdraw credit facilities which necessitates the application for commercial pragmatism.
- The ability to manage credit limits according to the customer and the time of year.
- The job holder has to decide when / if to take further action for non-payment of an account.
- The job holder must possess a flexible, common sense attitude allowing assertive methods to compliment professional manners.
To apply or for further information please contact Zoe or Nicole ASAP