Gas Engineer Upskill to Dual Fuel Engineer
We are seeking Gas Meter Engineers to upskill to Dual Fuel Meter Engineers through a free training programme. During the 14 week programme, the Gas Meter Engineer will receive a competitive salary of GBP22,000 per annum, which will subsequently rise to GBP28,464 when signed off from Dual Fuel training.
In addition to the competitive salary, you will be eligible to receive a standards payment of GBP1,600 and a performance bonus. Furthermore, the Gas Meter Engineer / Dual Fuel Meter Engineer will receive 20 days paid annual leave plus bank holidays, company pension scheme, company van, fuel card, tools and uniform and a company phone / tablet.
Following the 14 week training programme, your main responsibilities as a Dual Fuel Meter Engineer will be:
- Installing and exchanging gas and electric meters in a variety of premises issued via tablets.
- Completing prescribed testing in line with industry standards and codes of practice.Collecting and depositing electric and gas meters from the designated storage facility.
- Completing all relevant associated administrative work.
- Assisting locksmith and a debt representative to ensure safe completion of warrant jobs.
- Other duties may be undertaken as and when required, in particular when new business is gained.
- Achieving and exceeding work performance targets and adhere to health and safety procedures, industry standards and codes of practice.
Skills and experience:
- Gas Safe - CCN1 / MET1 or CMA1 / MET1.
- Track record of accurately and safely installing gas meters.
- A positive attitude towards work.
Salary: GBP33,000 OTE per annum.
We actively encourage our engineers to grow with the business and run an internal leadership programme to give our engineers the necessary skills to become managers of the future. Progression opportunities within our metering business include field support roles, field management positons or joining one of our Technical compliance teams and becoming an auditor, which are all realistic pathways for the right person.