GBP50-55,000 + 10% Pension + Bonus + Healthcare
Working exclusively with Seymour John, my client is an established, profitable distributor employing 230 people and part of an international group. The business has 4000 customers across a variety of industries serviced via depots throughout the UK.
The Financial Controller will lead the UK finance function to ensure effective governance including financial and administrative control. In doing so they will produce timely and accurate financial management information, forecasts, budgets and returns to the Group ensuring shareholders' requirements for financial planning and reporting are met within the prescribed deadlines.
The Financial Controller will contribute strongly and directly to the overall management of the Business Unit using past experience and a unique insight into the business's reporting systems to provide advice and guidance which will positively influence the performance of the business as a whole.
The Role includes the accountability for all finance activities of the UK business with finance staff based at several locations.
?? Lead the strategy and business planning processes, acting as a catalyst and supporter of change
?? Engage the Leadership team in pre-emptive decision making provoked by management information focused on business drivers, leading indicators and critical issues
?? Provide financial insight at all stages in the business development process to ensure opportunities are robust and risks considered
?? Champion good governance throughout the organisation, including playing the leading role in embedding Divisional and Group initiatives.
Monthly & Quarterly duties
- Preparing all financial returns, forecasts and budgets to meet Local Director and Group Management needs in IFRS format within the required deadlines.
- Preparing consolidations of results for UK Group operating units with preparations of financial and KPI information.
- Overseeing the preparation of the monthly Intrastat returns to HMRC.
- Maintaining stock records, stock valuation and management procedures for all UK locations & ensuring the validity and integrity of all UK and overseas stockholdings.
- Adhere to statutory and observed best accounting practices, in accordance with Group and Divisional Policies, ensuring that all transactions are properly recorded and controlled to meet legal requirements and to ensure the protection of the Business Units assets.
- Support requests for assurances including auditor confirmations, management letter of representation, etc.
- Control capital and revenue expenditure from planning and approval stage onwards.
- Oversee the hedging system processes for all foreign currency transactions.
- Managing, reporting and forecasting Cash Flow and acting as the primary authorisation for all payments.
- Overseeing the credit control systems and policies to ensure that all customers are constantly checked for credit worthiness before goods are delivered and to prevent such deliveries where payment is either in doubt or overdue.
- Supervise the payment of creditors to ensure compliance with supply contracts in a manner that ensures Company funds are only disbursed in line with established financial authorities.
- Provide finance input into IT led developments and oversight of data integrity and data flows from the ERP systems into the accounting and statistical systems.
- Providing operational cost centre control reporting and managing costs across all locations
- Manage the personnel reporting to them directly and indirectly.
- Overseeing the preparation of Quarterly VAT returns.
- Preparing additional quarterly returns for group management: hedge contracts summary, bad debt and stock provisions.
- Adhering to the quarterly assurance check
Skills and experience:
- An experienced Financial Controller or Finance Manager familiar with managing stock, therefore ideally from a manufacturing or distribution background.
- Slight preference for a fully qualified Accountant (ACMA, ACCA, ACA) but happy to consider Qualified by Experience candidates.
For further information, please contact Phil Topper