Functional Skills Curriculum Lead
Becoming a Functional Skills Curriculum Lead with Knowledgepool:
A great new opportunity is available to join Knowledgepool ensuring the implementation of the English and Maths strategy. You will be responsible for supporting the Operations, Quality and Client Partnership team to raise standards, improve success rates and support the development of the quality of teaching, learning and assessment (TLA) by leading on quality improvement for functional skills. You will be an expert in at least one subject area of expertise ensuring best practice and the use of up to date and innovative resources.
What you will do:
- Provide day to day direction and workflow distribution for a team of specialist functional skills tutors
- Support of teams and learners and/or participate in the delivery of advice and brief other staff involved appropriately
- Ensure that Additional Learning Needs are being met and supported within functional skills provision and resources
- Support the analysis of key trends and issues from a range of sources to include: Learner Outcomes, Examiner Reports, EQA reports, MI reports, TLA observations and consultation forms
- Provide TLA support and development where required for staff e.g. lesson plans, resources, support materials, IAG
- Identify and drive the development of materials and resources by keeping up to date with any relevant sector information
- Support the Head of Curriculum to ensure English and Maths materials and delivery are outstanding
Your experience and skills will include:
- D32/33 or A1 or TAQA 3 qualifications
- Either hold or working towards D34 or V1 or TAQA 4 qualifications
- Hold a recognised teaching/training qualification i.e. CTLLS, DTLLS, Level 3 Education and Training Award or Certificate of Education
- Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT at a minimum of Level 2 with at least one subject area at Level 3 or higher
- A proven track record in English and Maths curriculum delivery and development
- Ability to demonstrate thorough working knowledge of apprenticeship standards and the End- Point Assessment, traineeships and other vocational qualifications
- Up to date Safeguarding and Prevent training record
- Be able to travel regionally or nationally as required
Knowledgepool, part of Capita plc, is a leader in Learning and Development Transformation. Our expertise covers everything from strategic learning consultancy to managed learning services, curriculum design and training delivery to digital and competency management. We also specialise in apprenticeships and pre-employment programmes. You'll be joining a team who are passionate about innovation and who take pride in making learning and training the best experience possible.
Knowledgepool are part of Capita Plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. Through quality solutions, tailored to our customers' needs, we've helped countless organisations unlock value and maximise their potential. With access to our range of unique and diverse opportunities, offering real career advancement and progression, we can unlock your potential too.
What's in it for you?
At Capita, we believe an open, transparent working environment that encourages ingenuity and collaboration - with colleagues, customers and clients - is what makes us so effective at what we do.
As well as a generous basic salary, we also give you 23 day's holidays, company matched pension scheme and access to a variety of voluntary benefit options. These include a share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle, such as retail, health & wellbeing and leisure discounts.
You'll be joining a network of some of the most experienced, innovative and dedicated people in the country - the opportunities to learn new skills, develop in your career and grow and as we grow are almost endless. Our mission is to help you realise your potential - whatever that means to you.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now. We understand you might have some questions before taking the step to apply - you can contact for guidance.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
| Become a Change Maker |
Capita Resourcing operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of gender identity or gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.