Transport / Logistics Analyst
My client a well known global brand are recruiting for a transport / logistics analyst. Responsibilities will be to manage the optimisation and continuous improvement of their logistic network , develop effective planning measurement of performance and productivity through historical data collection and market trend analytics, leading to actionable processes and metrics. The ideal person will have a background of working in a transport / planning and supply chain team and have experience of reporting / forecasting and the ability to identify areas of improvement and recommending actions to management.
The role will be responsible for the communication between sales, transportation, supply chain and operations teams, effective and confident communication is a must along with excellent delivery of customer service and on time information.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Improve financial status by analysing results; monitoring variances; identifying trends; recommending actions to management.
- Determines cost of operations by establishing standard costs; collecting operational data.
- Identifies financial status by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
- Guides cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures; providing trends and forecasts; explaining processes and techniques; recommending actions.
- Improves financial status by analyzing results; monitoring variances; identifying trends; recommending actions to management.
- Assist with annual and quarterly forecasting.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Identify and implement processes and optimisation strategies reduce cost and improve service in the transportation network
- Implement process changes to improve operational performance
- Support to develop cost analysis models and frameworks to support, prioritize and influence the supply chain team and other networks in the organisation. Highlights and drives change through the organisation through use of data and appropriate systems to manage cost and service.
- Identify opportunities for improvement in the routing department
- Analyse large amounts of data and draw conclusions, develop a project plan, and execute the plan
- Act as a liaison between our routing, sales, transportation, and operations teams
- Complete analysis on new customers to ensure on-time deliveries
- Responsible for integration of new routing software and become the routing Subject Matter Expert
- Perform financial and ad-hoc analysis for the transportation department to assist with labour and asset planning
- Work cross-departmentally to bolster analytics and reporting focused on Key Performance Indicator
- Responsible for analysing financial data by collecting, monitoring and creating financial models for decision support.