Business Development Manager , SAN sales
bdm sales storage SAN "business development manager" netapp emc 3par azure cloud
Business Development Manager for a major UK SAN solutions company
Up to GBP55k base plus circa GBP45kcommission plus GBP5.5k car allowance
Home based (UK wide locations)
******NOTE TO APPLICANTS - PL DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE UNLESS YOU HAVE AT LEAST 3 YEARS SAN AND/OR AZURE SALES EXPERIENCE OTHERWISE YOUR CV WILL AUTOIMATICALLY BE REJECTED******
Overview of the Role
This role is a field based sales role responsible for key private or public sector accounts and the delivery of profit growth. The role holder will develop new and existing relationships with key stakeholders up to and including board level and will utilise presales and solution sales techniques to sell a wide range of product and services and deliver tangible business value.
The role will carry a monthly margin centred sales target based on an annual sales growth plan.
The role holder may work from home or be office based, or home based with at least 2 days per month in team meetings in London or our York Head Office along with extensive travel to customer meetings and to offices around the UK.
The main responsibilities are detailed below, although the post holder would also be expected to perform any other duties which might reasonably be required by the business.
- Establish and maintain effective professional relationships with allocated and target accounts, including key decision makers up to and including board level
- Identify and maximise opportunities for sales growth using structured selling and negotiation skills and our own presales.
- Develop collaborative customer strategies to drive new and existing business in both software and services
- Utilise extensive product knowledge to deliver specific storage solutions and services supportive of business goals
- Own, manage and control the preparation of bids, tenders and RFI's / RFQ's and use allocated resources to ensure that high quality bids are submitted in a timely fashion
- Ensure all actions from customer communication and meetings are distributed to the relevant personnel and are responsible for the outputs in a timely and efficient manner
- Deliver sales to achieve targets across large and complex accounts
- Forecast accurately via the CRM, ensuring process is adhered to.
Planning and Forecasting
- Build a short, medium and long term sales pipeline of opportunities to the level required by the business - currently three times the quarterly sales target
- Develop and action working account plans using the company templates, and review monthly with your line manager
- Develop a strategic customer business plan, and work with your vertical account team to execute it
- Develop and implement sales and marketing strategies
- Educate the market in your vertical through hosting open-evening events and targeted sales promotions
- Execute account planning, opportunity generation and management, communication plans and executive sponsor engagement
- Hold weekly one to ones with your line manager
- Attend Vendor Training and Personnel Training courses as requested by Management or required by Vendor alliances