What could you do with a globally-recognised brand?
JCB is a world-class, family-owned business. We are proud of our achievements and recognise that future growth and success is shaped by the ambition of the JCB team. If you are looking for a career with a business where people really count, look no further.
About your role
Cab Systems is a business unit within the JCB Group responsible for the design, development, manufacture and assembly of Cabs for our JCB product range. Cab Systems is currently based in Rugeley Staffordshire. However, to align with the organisations corporate strategy the JCB group has invested in a multi-million pound world class facility which is currently under construction in Uttoxeter Staffordshire. This will become the new home of the JCB Cab Systems business later in 2019. In preparation for this we are looking to recruit and integrate a new Maintenance Engineer into the Site and Facilities team to provide additional multi skilled and technical support that will enhance the performance of the team.
Key Responsibilities as a Maintenance Engineer:
- Day to day maintenance support to Cab Manufacturing and Assembly processes - Lasers, Press Brakes, Crane Systems, Paint Plant Facilities, Robot Systems and Automated Assembly processes.
- Creation and adherence to scheduled maintenance activities and maintenance processes
- Management of onsite critical spares and stock replenishment
- Creation and adherence to the organisations Health, Safety and Environmental procedures
- Development of maintenance practices to support new processes
- Identification and implementation of Key Plant initiatives to maximise machine uptime
- Adherence to Contractor Control systems
As a Maintenance Engineer, we would expect you to have the following:
- Mechanical / Electrical Engineering Qualification
- Time Served
- Understanding of TPM principles
- Siemens Controls System Diagnostic Experience
- Single Phase and Three Phase Systems Experience
- Proven background in mechanical and/or electrical maintenance with extensive fault finding skills
- Experience in mechanical and electrical maintenance of automated equipment and PLC controls
- Clear understanding of Pneumatic and Hydraulic systems
- Able to work under own initiative and be part of a team with a sense of urgency that is required in order for the department and the business to perform at its optimum.
- Additional experience in any of the following areas would be advantageous:
- Robotic welding systems
- Press Brakes
- Laser Cutting Machinery
- Jigs and Fixtures
- Electrical Installation
- Welding and Fabrication
- Buildings Maintenance
The successful candidate must be prepared to work on a 2 shift rotating system and where necessary provide flexibility to support the business operations outside of standard working hours. Please note that the business currently operates up to seven days a week, and where necessary weekend shift cover will also be required.
Training and development is available to support your growth within the business
Rewards and Benefits
Our achievements - now and in the future - are down to our 14,000-strong worldwide workforce. To say thank you, we give everyone here career development and the chance to progress. We also pay great attention to employees' health and welfare. You can expect medical insurance and dental care schemes, plus access to our healthy living centre. Naturally, this comes with a competitive salary, company pension and 33 days' annual leave.
JCB is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
Recruitment agencies: JCB does not accept any speculative approaches to present candidates for advertised vacancies.
No closing date? If so, that's because we often only advertise until we have filled the position. It's therefore best to submit your application as soon as possible.