Entry Level IT Technician
As an entry level IT technician, you will be part of a team of IT professionals who provide data centre, desktop support and server and networking support for Reynolds' UK business. This will involve working closely with the US and European IT teams and will provide you with the opportunity to learn and work with a variety of equipment including desktops, servers, and networking devices. As you progress you will be assigned your own projects to research and manage.
You will initially start as a trainee system operator in the UK data centre, working evening, night and day shifts on rotation. This is an entry level position which offers the opportunity to train in data centre systems and procedures, followed by desktop support, server management and networking. You will be provided with training for all aspects of these roles via on the job training, online training and cross training with other teams.
- Ensuring that back-ups of all critical system data are taken and securely stored
- Monitoring/supervising network infrastructure; data servers and routers
- Maintaining the UK data centre environment
- Providing out of hours support
- Monitoring site security via CCTV
- Patch cabling and equipment moves.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- An understanding of IT hardware and Windows operating software is an advantage, but not essential
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to adhere to company procedures and deadlines
- Motivated to learn and pursue a career in IT
- The ability to work both alone and in a team
- Professional attitude and a strong work ethic
- Ability to lift and move heavy equipment such as servers, data centre racks and tables.
We strive to offer an environment that provides our associates with the right balance between work and family. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Group Personal Pension Plan
- Life Assurance Cover
- Company Sick Pay
- Free Bi-annual Eye Tests and contribution towards glasses
- Birmingham Hospital Saturday Fund - Discounted monthly rates
- Ride2Work - Tax efficient way of purchasing a bike for travelling to work
- Company Events throughout the Year
ABOUT OUR COMPANY:
Are you looking for a rewarding career in a fast-paced environment with an established company? Do you want to work at a company with growth opportunities that will provide you with the training to be successful? If so, Reynolds and Reynolds is the company for you! Reynolds and Reynolds is a leader in high quality software solutions and IT services around the world and we are looking for a person with the potential to grow and continue our legacy of over 100 years of outstanding products and services at our Birmingham office.