ERP Programme Manager
Highly experienced ERP Programme Manager required on a 6 month contract basis in Leicester
ERP Programme Manager vacancy in Leicester
6-month contract (within scope of IR35)
Hays IT are working with a large education establishment in Leicester to recruit a ERP Programme Manager on a contract basis.
Initially for a 6-month period, the ERP Programme Manager will lead and coordinate the "Defining a Programme" stage of a multi-year programme of work to implement a new ERP at this large education establishment. The programme is focussed on minimising risk through the careful control of scope, costs, and timescales with a focus on a process "like for like" implementation, underpinned by a modern future-proofed platform, facilitating future improvement projects based on their own independent business cases when investment is available. The Programme Manager will require extensive experience of setting up ERP programmes which they can demonstrate reached a successful, controlled conclusion, with budgets circa GBP10 million.
Main duties and responsibilities:
* Leads the development of the overall approach for the programme, its major time frames and the definition of its major deliverables to address and meet the desired goals and outcomes.
* Partners with the executive sponsor to communicate programme goals, objectives and potential outcomes.
* Leads regular interactions with the executive sponsor to inform, alert, negotiate and maintain a continuing good relationship and shared vision for the programme outcome.
* Establishes and ensures appropriate governance functions for the programme in accordance with enterprise policies, practices and on behalf of the executive sponsor or senior responsible owner.
* Directs the creation and maintenance of the required programme documentation and artifacts.
* Develops and controls the programme budget and manages expenditure within agreed spending plans.
* Ensures and balances the availability of the required skills and competencies across project teams within the programme.
* Leads reviews with the executive sponsor and stakeholders to identify organic or specific programme needs and changes and directs the development of appropriate approaches to address.
* Leads the development and maintenance of stakeholder mapping, communications and reporting.
Skills and experience required in order to apply:
* Experience of setting up and managing ERP Programmes
* 10 or more years of experience in IT business/industry
* Five to seven years in diverse roles with increasing leadership responsibilities across major projects and programmes
* Exceptional leadership skills, with the ability to develop and communicate the programme objectives, inspire and motivate staff, and maintain alignment with the business strategy.
* A high degree of political sensitivity, astuteness and the ability to use the informal power structure of the Institution to achieve programme success and overcome obstacles.
* A high level of empathy and the ability to vary styles of interaction to match the needs of a variety of temperaments and personalities.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain and "sell" the programme goals and objectives to the business, as well as technical leadership.
* Strong business acumen, including industry- and domain-specific knowledge of the Institution and its business units. Familiarity with industry trends and innovation.
* Influencing and negotiation experience and skills in an environment with high competition for resources.
* Excellent analytical, strategic planning and execution skills.
* Ability to develop programmes and deliver them with financial and resource constraints.
* Extensive experience in:
Managing Successful Programmes (MSP)
* Experience across a range of project types.
* Knowledge of project planning tools, such as Microsoft Project, with evidence of practical application.
If you have the relevant experience and would like to apply, please submit your CV.