A Construction & Infrastructure Projects Engineer is required on a contract basis to join an industry leading engineering and manufacturing business.
Are you experienced in Project Management? Do you have the capabilities to be successful in a fast paced administration team? If you are looking for an exciting new opportunity, then this is the job for you!
Caterpillars Construction & Infrastructure Projects Engineer position works both independently and as part of a team that drives towards a world class facility environment with robust manufacturing processes and systems. This function is responsible for managing construction & infrastructure project activities, driving energy efficiency initiatives and reviewing & developing contractor control methods. All aligned to achieving the world class facility objectives in the areas of People, Quality, Velocity and Cost. The incumbent will have a track record of managing projects and establishing controlled processes and safe systems of work through to completion.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Management of facility improvement projects in support of EHS, Security and Process Excellence activities
* Actively managing communications, completion and handover of facility improvement projects
* Management of sub-contractor scope, procurement / selection, utilisation and payment supporting defined project activities
* Drive World Class manufacturing environment for the Stafford site, defining current state, risks, refurbishment plans and critical asset controls
* Support energy efficiency and environmental performance goals by implementing new technologies and robust sustainable equipment and processes
* Development, monitoring and continuous improvement of technical services safety policies and standards
* Developing a selected supplier list through benchmarking and supplier performance reviews alongside the Global Purchasing organisation
* Report project status at key milestones to facility and business stakeholders
* Perform technical analysis of facility operations and manufacturing processes to support management decisions
* Respond to customer issues and lead process improvements
Skills and Experience:
* Degree in a Construction or Manufacturing Engineering related discipline or equivalent extensive experience
* Management of projects in line with CDM requirements
* Track record of delivering projects with sustainable improvements across multiple areas including Safety, PPM, Waste Reduction and Plant performance within a manufacturing environment
* Knowledge of manufacturing concepts such as Lean, CI, Process auditing, Safety Management
* Experience project managing construction and / or manufacturing equipment projects
* Must be self-motivated, have a can-do attitude to take ownership of issues / deliver sustainable improvements and be an effective team player with the ability to communicate across all functions within business
This is an awesome opportunity to be part of a leading manufacturing business which offers an interesting, varied and exciting workload coupled with a motivated and passionate culture. You will be part of a small, friendly team working together to deliver programmes that are critical to the long-term success of a respected, global company.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.