Mergers & Acquisitions Accountant - Birmingham Business Park
Mergers & Acquisistions Accountant - Birmingham Business Park
Our client, a leading venture capitalist firm, based on the Birmingham Business Park, is looking for a qualified Accountant to join their Mergers & Acquisitions team on a permanent basis due to continued growth and expansion.
In this role you will be exposed to the key commercial decisions that are made on a day-to-day basis and contribute to shape the future of the business by supporting the Acquisitions Strategy as well as providing key information and analysis to the Executive Committee, Board and key external stakeholders.
This is an exciting opportunity for a qualified accountant who is agile in their thinking and who is motivated by an ever-changing workload and challenging projects.
Working within the Acquisitions team, your key responsibilities will include:
- Play a leading role in the initial due diligence process and creation of the board presentation through to final integration of the acquisition into the business from a finance perspective and the production of profit and loss and accurate assessment of EBITDA.
- Together with the M&A team, review acquisition opportunities and business set-up/structure cases of the acquisition proposed by the management of the target and to establish realistic post acquisition budgets and integration budgets
- To project manage the Finance project plans for each acquisition thereby ensuring the eventual smooth transition of the new acquisition into the existing main business.
- To ensure that all Finance tasks from due diligence stages through to post completion have been successfully completed and the new acquisition has fully integrated into the existing management accounts process.
- Potential to run full due diligence exercises for selected acquisitions.
- Liaise with advisors, lawyers, accountants and other counter parties to produce prepare financial due diligence presentations, board pack, funds-flows and other legal documentation required during the process and at completion.
- To liaise with the acquisitions team and third parties as well as the seller in the preparation and finalising of the completion accounts.
- Oversee transition into standardised structure, financial systems, process & control
- Oversee other post completion finance actions work in progress and checking/payment of deferred consideration.
This is an exciting opportunity to join and be an integral part of a company that is growing at an exponential rate. Our client is looking to pay a salary of GBP35,000 - GBP40,000 per annum, alongside an excellent benefits package.
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, please submit your application ASAP!