What we do
We deliver national coverage across the board, in surveying, financial services, auctions, property management, lettings and estate agency. In all areas, our revolutionary spirit has the customer at its heart. Accounts Payable is a key part of Group Finance which is vital in managing the Groups' balance sheets, cash flows and central to everything that happens within this exciting Group.
Your life as a Finance Assistant
You will record and retrieve financial information, providing a vital service to the SDL Group including maintaining financial records & processing receipts. With the support and guidance of the Team Manager, you will enjoy showing your dazzling organisational skills and making life easier for your team through the accuracy and timeliness of your work. And when you're not inputting data & reconciling figures. You'll turn your bright mind to the challenge of improving how things are done - and playing your part in our future.
What you'll do
- Uploading daily banking & receipts to the in house system
- Listing and banking of cheques in line with company regulations
- Reconciling & investigating of suspense accounts
- Investigating uncleared cheques with the bank
- Dealing with customer payment queries & complaints
- Returning unallocated payments
- To ensure that the purchase ledger is accurately maintained and process deadlines (payment dates) are met
- To ensure good internal control with respect to the purchase ledger function
- Processing and coding daily invoices on to our in-house system Qube.
- Dealing with Final Notices & Legal Action for non-payment.
- Running large & one off payment runs
- Reconciling & updating Supplier accounts as necessary.
- Using Microsoft Excel for recording of information.
- Keeping up to date with spreadsheets and transfers.
- Posting Supplier refunds.
- Liaising with Property Managers when funding is low.
- Offering support and guidance to other colleagues where required
- Any other duties as required.
Who we're looking for
We're on the hunt for a happy number-cruncher with:
- A proficient level of understanding of Microsoft office programmes specifically Excel
- Confidence when it comes to dealing with numbers and writing clearly
- Experience of working to deadlines, solving simple problems and multi-tasking
- Good communication skills, in writing and in person
- The ability to prioritise tasks
- A passion for getting the detail right every time
- A genuine desire to keep learning through training and development
- Eligibility to work in the UK and everything it takes to successfully complete pre-employment screening
And, ideally, but not vitally:
- At least 1 years' experience in a financial role
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- A flexible attitude to work