At Tata Technologies we make product development dreams a reality by designing, engineering and validating the products of tomorrow for the world's leading manufacturers. Due to our continued growth we are now recruiting for several Programme Plannersto be based from our customers site in Kenilworth.
Our Engineering Research and Development department (ER&D) is a fast growing function within Tata Technologies Limited that is assembled to work on exciting projects globally for multiple customers. It comprises highly specialized engineers across Automotive, Aerospace and Industrial Heavy Machinery.
We have opportunites for both Pre Progamme Start (PS) and Post PS. The roles will involve planning a new programme through different gateways to PS before handing over to Post PS team or following hand over from Pre PS team. Involvement and communication, even negotiation, required with most of all the other teams on the project. Deliverables will have to be created and planned to desired maturity before release or submission.
Area of Responsibility
- Program Planning on pre KO to PS gateway.
- Involvement with Cycle Plan team, programme team and the manufacturing team of the Site or plant.
- Aligning with the core programs - architecture & time lines.
- Attending Core PSTs. Ad hoc meetings to have any discussions to understand / manage changes
- PDL creation, submission and publishing to wider team as to get feedback
- Will have first-hand knowledge of the program's vision and impact.
- Benchmarking initiation of comparable vehicles in market for desirable USP to be set as achievable standards
- Program early content list and new F SOI feature list creation for the wider team to feedback to and refine to program final BOM.
- Vehicle and feature Statement of Intent to be defined and submitted as part of the PDL initially.
- Risk assessment key factors to be addressed to correct stakeholders, so as to get them redefined before any gateway is passed through.
- Understanding and Initiating the feature set as BURNS(new/unique parts vs carryover from Core VL) and getting the details to PDL and further to the knowledge of the wider team.
- Creating manufacturing summary as to point out plant/site discretion over build of the vehicle on any given change to the core vehicle. Also includes Global manufacturing stagger calculation and defining.
- Attribute targets setting, verification and recording al new changes to achieve set attribute through PACNs and PDLs
- Monitoring and managing programme status and progress against key metrics and deliverables.
- Team Information Bulletins to be created and circulated.
- Driving & Managing the PSTs
- Supporting compatibility review
- Align program content - facilitating pulling cross functional teams.
- Deferral management
- Resource - understand the issues with resources and if any changes need to be made.
- Cost against program - if the resources are booking against the right program and if the cost is captured and communicated.
Post PS role:
- Provide support interface between the SVO Engineering / Programme Management teams, and the New Model Programmes (NMP) and Production Operations teams, and the and assist resolution of cross functional specs / technical / manufacturing issues prior to Job 1.
- PDL Authorship Future MY VPP Creation & Management.
- Develop and maintain vehicle specific BoM, Facilitate SVO Change through Core FCIM team participation.
- Assist the delivery of credible cross functional launch plans that meet the requirements of the markets and are fully integrated into the production operations site strategies.
- Aid Problem Resolution, Change Management and Product Integrity (GFCPA), processes to ensure that all changes are implemented robustly and support programme quality, cost and timing objectives.
- Work with Design & MS&S in development of robust product proposals and associated business cases
Knowledge / Experience
Previous first hand working experience of launching a new model/derivative into production is essential.
Thorough understanding of PCS gateway regime would be beneficial
PDL authorship advantageous,- AIMs / WERS / WIPS experience beneficial.
Demonstrable knowledge of - and previous experience of working with - Product Development, Design, Marketing Sales & Service, Manufacturing Engineering, Production Operations and Supply / STA would be highly beneficial.
Highly driven individual with proven project management, communication and leadership skills, able to intergrate and act as pivotal player within a cross functional team to resolve cross-functional issues.
A degree qualified candidate is preferred although relevant experience will be taken into account.
In return for bringing your expertise to our business we offer a competitive salary along with excellent benefits including:
Pension Scheme - We match employee contribution up to 5% of salary
25 Days' Holiday
Private Health Care
Tata Jaguar Land Rover Privilege Scheme - up to 20% of new JLR vehicles
Group Income Protection
Health Assured - Employee Assistance Program
Group Life Assurance
Health Shield - Private Health Cash Plan
If you are passionate about bringing innovation to the projects you work on and want to join a global company, then this is the place for you.
Tata Technologies: Make it real. Make it Better???.
Tata Technologies would like to thank all applicants for their interest, each application will be reviewed against the set criteria for the role. We would like to advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within 10 working days following the closing date it will mean that unfortunately your application has not been successful. We will however retain your details for any suitable future opportunities.