Our client is a leader in the assembly of commercial vehicles. Therefore, electrical and mechanical engineering. They require a Production Planner to coordinate the production planning function on a daily basis to ensure assembly of equipment / machinery is scheduled in conjunction with customer requirements to increase capacity and keep to delivery times.
The Production Planner will manage internal stakeholders and work closely with shop floor assembly teams, Sales, Purchasing, Suppliers and other key members of the Operations Team. The Production Planner will support high standards of materials control, and provide fast resolution of supplier quality defects and parts returns.
As the Production Planner you will have a minimum of 3 years' experience within a relevant manufacturing environment, using best practice production planning, stock control, and expediting techniques.
Key responsibilities of the Production Planner:
- Continuous improvement of the production planning / scheduling for assembly of equipment. Maximise parts availability, logistics and build efficiency. Ensure efficient expediting of parts
- Responsibility for production MRP processes including issuing of BOMs on a timely and accurate basis
- To ensure parts shortages, stock losses or quality defects affecting the assembly of equipment are resolved quickly and effectively, for high standards or right first time, assembly efficiency and build completion on-time
- To ensure and excess parts are identified and returned to stock
- Construction and revision of Bill of Materials (BOM)
- Reporting of Production Planning KPIs to drive improved Operations performance
Experienced required of the Production Planner:
- A good understand of purchasing, planning, stock control, MRP Processes
- A good communication style and approach
- Strong commercial / negotiation skills
- Knowledge of Materials Control best practice