Governance Manager - GBP30 - GBP40 p/h - East Midlands
Venn Group's specialist legal team are delighted to be recruiting for a Governance Manager to join a dynamic Local Authority in the East Midlands to replace an out-going member of staff for an initial period of 3 months to commence at the beginning of July.
The Council are preferably seeking someone to carry out the role on a full-time basis but part-time applicants possessing relevant experience are also encouraged to apply. Up to one day of home working per week may be considered.
The ideal candidate must have Local Authority experience in a similar role and have a good understanding of democratic processes.
Duties may include:
- Developing and maintaining the Council's governance processes and policy documents and identifying improvements where possible
- Acting as the statutory Scrutiny Officer and advising and leading Scrutiny Panels
- Taking responsibility for the day-to-day management of the Governance Officers (2 staff members) recruitment and performance reviews
- Ensuring that the Council's website and online tools in relation to the democratic function are kept up to date and are in accordance with legislative requirements
- Managing delegated budgets and ensuring effective financial planning and monitoring in accordance with the Council's Financial Procedure rules
- Attending and contributing towards any working groups as appropriate
- Managing the Council's independent remuneration panel for recommending members' allowances
This role is offering an attractive rate of between GBP30 and GBP40 p/h (umbrella) dependent upon experience.
For further information, please contact Tom Hoult or Ben Watts on or alternatively send your CV to . Venn Group aim to deliver the highest standards, so you can be assured your application will be handled with professionalism and care.
At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications within 48 hours. However due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to respond to all applications individually. If you have not heard from us within a 48 hour timeframe your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.