Soft Services Manager
Soft Services Manager
Starting Salary: £21,500 - £23,000 per annum (DOE) 35 Hours per week Monday - Friday
Benefits: Company Car: Laptop: Phone: Pension: 20 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays are provided as part of the package.
We provide Managed Services outsourced to us by our prestigious clients.
Due to the expansion of our client base we have an exciting opportunity for a customer focused individual to join our enthusiastic management team.
Your experience and knowledge will ensure you effectively manage the delivery of predominately commercial office cleaning services in accordance with the client specification and that all activities are undertaken in a safe manner in compliance with company policies, procedures and current legislation. Reporting to the General Operations Manager, and through their direction, you will support the management team to the successful satisfaction of the client.
We are keen to welcome applications from dedicated, dynamic and solution-orientated professionals who have a track record within the Facilities Management Sector in particularly commercial office cleaning environments. (Consideration will be given to any applicant with similar experience within the Service Industry).
Some of the Main Responsibilities/Duties within the role will include:
- Act as Line Manager to site employees, incorporating effective resourcing, recruitment, induction, personal development and HR related procedures.
- Provide on-going support to site employees.
- Ensure all site agreed daily/weekly service hours are completed.
- Ensure sufficient numbers of site employees are in attendance
- Provide resourced cover for sickness, absence and holidays
- Ensure site employees are competent to fulfil their required duties
- Ensure that all site working specifications/schedules are completed and ensure/demonstrate monitored managed performance.
- Ensure safe working practices are incompliance to Health and Safety, hygiene, cleanliness, fire and COSHH.
- Ensure all activities carried out are to the requirements of the company standard
- Ensuring that HR procedures are followed and ensuring any people related problems are dealt with in line with policy and procedure.
- Day to day administration to include, new starters, annual leave requests.
- Attend weekly review meetings with team members.
What we require from you:
- Driven by excellence and attention to detail, energetic with superb communication skills, and demonstrate confidence with a 'can do' attitude.
- Excellent man management skills, clear thinker with the ability to flex to the demands of the role
- Experience in the service industry and holding BICS and IOSHH or the equivalent qualifications (these are favourable however we can support with training if needed)
- Ideally you will have a basic knowledge of employment law with some background in Employee Relations
- As the role is based between sites you will need to be organised with excellent time management skills, be flexible and have the ability to prioritise
- You will have good working knowledge of MS office and admin related skills
- You will need to hold a full UK driving licence- company vehicle, laptop and phone are provided as part of the package.
The role is Monday to Friday, working 35 hours per week, a flexible work schedule must be adapted to suit the needs of the business whilst supporting clients daily.
We offer excellent career/development opportunities, we believe in the opportunity to recognise and share success.
If you love what you do and want to be part of something special, we would be excited to hear from you!