Health and Safety Advisor - Social Housing
Health & Safety Advisor - Social Housing: Planned, Reactive & Voids
West Midlands Areas
Howells Solutions are working with a leading national contractor operating within the reactive / response maintenance and social housing (decent homes) markets. Due to continued expansion, they currently have an exciting opportunity for a Health & Safety Advisor to join their highly successful team in the West Midlands area.
As the Health & Safety Advisor, you will co-ordinate the administration of H&S across the company's office premises and sites. You will be responsible for advising the business on the requirements of the statutory provisions along with visiting sites and auditing all H&S processes and procedures. Previous experience in H&S in the construction or social housing industry is essential for this role.
Other duties include:
- Act as a focal point within the company on health and safety issues,
- Liaise with external health and safety consultants and the HSE where appropriate.
- Set a personal example by abiding by the requirements of the Policy, Arrangements, Guidance and Safe Systems of Work.
- Undertake Risk Assessments and produce written record for the policy
- Investigate accidents and produce reports with recommended actions
- Maintain accurate records of relevant H&S data
- Monitor performance of sub-contractors
- Attend relevant H&S meetings
- Drive the local H&S committee process
- Deliver induction and other H&S training
- Promote a positive H&S culture
- Ensure the effective implementation of H&S policies and procedures through the co-operation of the relevant stakeholders
The successful candidate for this role will have NEBOSH certificate in H&S with a minimum 3 years' experience in H&S management. You will also be proficient using Microsoft Office Package. Our client is looking for someone with excellent communication, person management and influencing skills. You will have the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines.
You will be working for a modern, forward thinking business; that believe the strengths, skills and personalities of their people are the key to the company's success. This is a full time, permanent role for which you will receive an excellent competitive annual salary. Please call Kyla to discuss on .
If you feel that you have the relevant experience to be successful in this position and would like to find out more please apply online today attaching a copy of your current CV. Alternatively contact us on .
Howells Solutions are an Equal Opportunities employer. All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence. Howells Solutions acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.