Service and Safety Assistant
Safety and Security Assistant
City: Central Birmingham - easily accessible by public transport.
Hours and Rota: 37.5 hours per week. Shifts will be 3 out of 7 and will include day, evening, and night shifts. Weekend work will be required on a rota basis.
Salary: GBP9.26 per hour + Bonus + Benefits
Essential: Driving licence valid for driving in the UK
What youll get up to
To give you an idea what to expect, youll be:
- The first point of contact for the students, on hand to assist wherever you can.
- Patrolling the sites and looking out for hazards to keep the properties safe and secure.
- Providing a decisive and effective response to customer complaints and disputes; escalating where necessary.
- Responding to emergencies, liaising with our 24-hour emergency contact centre, and the emergency services when necessary.
- Faced with some challenging situations at times, so quick problem-solving and a calm head are a must.
What we look for in you:
- The student experience is at the forefront of everything we do, so youll be passionate about delivering top customer service.
- Ideally youll have experience within a customer service and security-focussed environment.
- Youll be an approachable and fair person, confident to act in difficult situations.
- You must have a driving licence valid for driving in the UK.
- Most of all, youll be someone who can respect, encourage and connect with the people you work with and the students who live with us.
What Unite Students is all about!
Weve been the leaders in the purpose built student accommodation market since our foundation back in 1991 and have been at the top of our game ever since. Weve grown a lot since then and you can now find us in 28 different university towns or cities, with close to 50,000 students calling us home!
Benefits of working with uS
We recognise that your hard work shouldnt come without its perks, so heres a little list of some of the things you can expect to get from us:
- Regular shifts with guaranteed hours each week
- Weve earned an award for "Investors in People - Gold", so youll be working for an employer who really cares about you and your career
- Take time to relax with 25 days holiday
- An annual bonus to reward you for all your hard work
- Enjoy amazing discounts at certain restaurants, retailers and entertainment venues
- And most importantly, youll be working within a fun, passionate and vibrant team
Unite Students is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome people of all ages, ethnicities, disabilities, religions or sexual orientations. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.