Administrator - Level 3
Under the guidance of senior staff (Headteacher, Office Manager & Nursery Manager), be responsible for undertaking administrative, financial and organisational processes for the nursery and extended school provisions - before and after school provision, lettings and other uses of school premises. Assist with the planning and development of nursery and extended services.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing child registrations and enrolments including waiting lists.
- Creating staffing rotas and co-ordinating holiday leave for the Nursery in conjunction with Nursery Manager.
- Preparing submissions to Shropshire Council.
- Creating, updating and maintaining accurate and confidential records and financial data systems necessary for the operation of the nursery and extended services.
- Contributing to the planning, development and organisation of Nursery and extended services’ systems, procedures and policies
- Assist with marketing and promotion of the Nursery and extended school.
- Analysing and evaluating data and information and produce reports as required.
- Billing and Account Management: Invoicing parents and collecting fees including the administration of Childcare vouchers, pursuing outstanding fees and resolving any account queries.
- Billing and Account Management: Invoicing clubs for lettings, collecting fees and resolving any account queries.
- Managing the monthly payroll process and ensuring payments to staff and submission and payments to HMRC are accurate and timely.
- Undertaking complex financial administration procedures e.g. processing orders/invoices, collecting and recording cash, banking, maintaining accurate records, balancing records to bank account statements etc.
- Produce financial & information reports on Extended Schools for senior staff and for presentation at Governors meetings.
- Monitoring, ordering and managing stock within an agreed budget, cataloguing resources and undertaking audits as required and managing expenditure within an agreed budget.
- Assisting in the planning, monitoring and evaluation of the budget.
- Ensuring confidentiality is maintained and GDPR is adhered to.
- Assisting the senior staff in ensuring the Nursery is fully compliant with all statutory and legislative policies and procedures, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
- Assisting the senior staff in ensuring the Nursery Risk Assessments are robust and updated regularly as required.
- Taking a shared responsibility for the Health & Safety and Risk Assessment practices within the Nursery.
- Undertaking a variety of general office and reception duties including answering calls, welcoming visitors, parent communications and ensuring procedures are followed.
- Responding to confidential correspondence under the direction of the senior staff
- Assisting with first aid
- Contributing to the overall ethos, work and aims of the school
- Recognising own strengths and areas of expertise and using these to advise and support others
- Participating in training and other learning activities and performance development as required
- Liaising effectively with the Nursery Manager.