I am working with an exciting business based in Alcester in their hunt for an assistant buyer / buyer. This would be an ideal 2nd move in your career. This is a permanent role paying GBP22,000 per annum with opportunities to manage people and progress.
- Managing the quality, delivery and price on all orders placed
- Reducing the overall current spend across all items purchased for the company
- Negotiate prices, multiple item reductions, discount levels and fixed term contracts to gain savings for the business
- Managing the day to day purchasing requirement as well as task based management of additional administrative support from current persons in the office and Design teams to ensure suppliers get the best possible lead times.
- Face to face and telephone communications with current and new supplier base to build up a good relationship.
- Pricing and lead time dispute management and resolution.
- Accessing the company stock requirement using BOM's and forecasting software and ensuring orders are placed in a very efficient manner.
- Undertaking Supplier comparisons across terms and costs.
- As this is a small business, experience will also be gained by supporting and assisting in other departments as and when required.
- Work with the Design department to source new suppliers and ensure the current ones have daily capacity.
Ideally we are looking for an individual that has had some previous experience of working as a Buyer, preferably within a small Procurement team. This should be seen as an excellent development opportunity as you will be working closely with the company leadership team.
- You will have previous professional experience in a relevant field, ideally in sourcing/procurement of engineering parts.
- An interest in Engineering.
- Very good face to face and verbal communication skills
- Able to handle objections and be able to demonstrate effective negotiation
- Experience in managing a small team is an advantage, or working as a key individual in a small team
- Ability to work diligently and accurately as there is a large amount of data analysis and inputting required involving reviewing stock-lists and identifying trends;
- Whilst you will be required to work on your own initiative, it is essential that you enjoy being part of a small team and are willing to support others at challenging times;
- Strong IT skills and confidence - MS Office and Excel, with database skills/usage an advantage