Production Operative roles, Longport, Stoke on Trent, Manufacturing
The Company, a subsidiary of a larger leading company, is a growing power in its market here in the UK and increasingly, around the world. For more than half a century, the Company has hauled freight and passengers, powered ships, and generated electricity for over 100 countries around the globe. Becoming a part of the Company means becoming a part of a challenging and bright future in their global marketplace.
To undertake varied labouring activities and provide assistance to the team as instructed, while at all times carrying out the duties and responsibilities of the post in compliance with the Company's HSEQ Policy. Responsible for the quality of own work, cleaning and tidying of work area. To work effectively and with a sense of urgency.
Dimensions of the Role Include:
- Ensure that work is carried out in a planned and organized manner to ensure efficiency and safety of self and others.
- Alert line manager to any problems or holdups in work flow to ensure production is not interrupted.
- To work proactively to solve problems and maintain work rate.
- To organise work tools and work space to make best use of time.
- Responsible for carrying out range of laboring duties and responsibilities.
- Operate a variety of hand held tool and power tools as required in a safe and efficient manner in line with guidelines, policy and procedure.
- To adhere to existing working practices, methods, procedures, undertake relevant training and development activities and to respond positively to new and alternative systems.
- Maintain technical competence and attend any training courses required to maintain and improve technical standards and actively contribute to staff training.
- Ensure that the immediate working environment is well maintained and tidy at all times.
- Take all relevant actions necessary to prevent any hazard and/ or injury to yourself and others and at the earliest safe opportunity take action to remove/ report the hazard.
- Familiarise yourself with all emergency procedures, first aid requirements and the positioning of any fire extinguishers/ fire escapes to ensure your safety and the safety of others.
- To ensure that we exceed our customer's expectations on quality and performance in a safe manner.
Salary: GBPCompetitive + Benefits
To Apply: Please press the 'Apply' button
*Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days, then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
This may be of interest to the following: Operative, Operator, Manufacturing, Production, Manufacturer, Rail Industry, Railway, Locomotive, Crewe, Stafford, Market Drayton, Staffordshire, Northwich, Derby, Cannock