Jig & Fixture Technician
Location: West Midlands
Salary: GBP14.28ph + 17% shift allowance + overtime.
Hours: 39 hrs Full time (3 shift rotation and reasonable overtime which may include weekends).
An opportunity has arisen with our prestigious Tier 2 Automotive client to work at their new state of the art production plant near Wolverhampton. They urgently require a Jig & Fixture Technician to manufacture / modify assembly fixtures and carry out repairs and maintenance to a variety of tooling (including dies, jigs and fixtures).
This is a fantastic long-term career opening giving the rare opportunity to join an internationally renowned company
To manufacture and modify assembly fixtures and locations from own knowledge, experience and print. To carry out repairs and maintenance to tooling including dies, jigs and fixtures within predetermined timescales.
- Manufacture, repair and maintenance of existing jigs, fixtures and dies.
- Carry out engineering level modifications and changes to jigs/fixtures and tools.
- Support to maintenance technicians.
- Electrode maintenance and repair (including nut/stud feeders)
- TPM (scheduled maintenance)
- Special tooling i.e. reworks tools and methods
- To carry out any other duties, including overtime, relevant to the post which may arise thus ensuring a comprehensive and flexible service to the business and the department.
Qualifications and Skills
- Apprentice trained with an engineering qualification, ideally with experience in Assembly fixturing/ press tooling.
- Experience in role related equipment such as; Surface Grinders, Cylindrical Grinders, Lathes, Milling Macines, Radial Drillers, Jig Borers, Hand Held power Tools, Sine Bars, Slips, Micrometers, Verniers, Height Guages etc.
- Die dismantling and assembly, crane slinging, gas spring maintenance and repair, tool polishing, design/MFR rework tooling, Mig, Tig and Arc welding, flamecutting, silver soldering, jig and fixture MFR/MNT experience.
- Ability to read drawings.
- Ability to evaluate each individual job and determine whether it can be repaired in the cell or must be removed to work shop for essential maintenance and repair.
- Machining skills & experience.
- Safety first mindset.
Fork lift truck and overhead crane licences would be advantageous.
For a detailed job description or for more information please call and speak to a member of our experienced team or to apply send your CV to Totec today.