Senior Financial Accountant
Senior Financial Accountant | Coventry | GBP45,000 to GBP50,000
You will supervise a team of General Ledger Accountants, and support finance in the performance of key general ledger activities to complete month end and related functions
Assist the Head of Reporting to report and communicate all financial information relative to the EMEA business unit. Working closely with the Financial Controller on all aspects of reporting and communication with the UK and US on month end, quarter end and SOX compliance matters
- Supervision of the GL Accountant reporting function completion of quarterly success factors reviews.
- Assist in the Head of Reporting role as required due to absence or holiday.
- Communicate with internal and external audit, and tax departments as required.
- Assist with the preparation of external Statutory and Taxation submissions.
- Assist with the submission of month end reporting
- Assist with month end close processes.
- Be involved in the IP process.
- Record fixed assets additions, disposals, and depreciation.
- Improve and develop fixed assets and inventory procedures, including physical verification.
- Assist with reconciling intercompany accounts.
- Prepare and enter Commission and MIP accrual, and tax and bad debt provision journals.
- Prepare month end accounts to completion for multiple divisions.
- Prepare and enter relevant month end journals.
- Prepare information to aid Finance Managers with weekly, monthly and quarterly forecast reporting.
- Prepare information to complete monthly board reports for submission to the Finance Manager.
- Involvement in the annual budgeting process.
- Prepare and enter monthly petty cash and cashbook journals.
- Review show costings and accrued revenue schedules.
- Allocate shows to the correct time period from information provided by Financial Analyst.
- Invoice approval & authorisation.
- Actively engage in continuous improvement ensuring suggestions and opportunities are highlighted to your line manager.
- Demonstrate commitment to the core values of the company.
- Take a participative role in the Company's sustainability initiative and ensure where possible your actions support the achievement of this initiative; reuse, recycle and replenish.
Ideally you must have 2 years industry experience or practice background. As this is a highly detailed role and you must possess excellent communications skills and be able to communicate at all levels. You must be able to manage, maintain and build positive relationships both internally and externally
For further information, please contact Simon Lowe