Class Teacher Needed in Uttoxeter - September Start - Permanent
General Subjects/Class Teacher Needed in Uttoxeter - September Start - Permanent
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to work with a school based in Uttoxeter with a 'Good' Ofsted rating. The school is for children aged 11-16 years with social, emotional and mental health difficulties; with additional needs in areas of communication, interaction, cognition and learning.
Specific Responsibility of the Class Teacher:
• To deliver excellent teaching and learning throughout the school within a broad, balanced and exciting curriculum.
• Establishing and maintaining high standards of achievement and attainment.
• To share and support the schools responsibility for the well-being and education of all pupils.
Roles and responsibilities:
1. Prepare and teach lessons of a high standard to the students assigned to him/her:
- following designated programmes of study
- carrying out the necessary assessments
- providing information/comments for records
- monitoring students in accordance with agreed departmental strategies
2. Maintain high standards of behaviour in accordance with school policies and demonstrate good practice with regard to attendance, appearance, uniform, punctuality, behaviour, homework, etc.
3. Making records of and reports on the personal, emotional and social needs of pupils;
4. Maintaining positive communication and consultation with the parents and carers of pupils;
5. Communicating and co-operating with persons or agencies outside the school;
6 . Participating in meetings and in-service training arranged for any of the purposes of the role.
7. Contribute to the development, record keeping, monitoring, evaluation of lessons and maintenance of materials.
8. Work closely with and consult with teaching assistants and other support staff ensuring continuity and progression for students.
9. Engage in continuous professional self-development in relevant areas.
10. Promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young persons you are responsible for or come into contact with.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff to share this commitment.