Arragon Properties, a successful and growing company based in the heart of Atherstone with the Head Office in the Isle of Man renting both residential and commercial properties, are seeking an Accounts Assistant to join its rapidly expanding accounting team.
As an Accounts Assistant, your duties will include:
- Full responsibility for ensuring that routine bookkeeping functions are undertaken accurately and in a timely manner.
- Maintaining and handling customer payments, customer invoices, VAT, stock reconciliation and daily cash reconciliation.
- Maintenance of our rent received and customer accounts systems.
- Reconciling bank accounts (both historical and current).
- Assisting in preparation of VAT returns.
- Inputting invoices (large volumes).
- Inputting weekly cash reconciliation sheets.
- Checking invoices against purchase orders, delivery notes and supplier statements.
- Paying suppliers in accordance with company procedures.
- Generating invoices and credit notes in accordance with procedures.
- Identification errors in statements / accounts and taking necessary action.
- Other ad-hoc accounting responsibilities.
The successful Accounts Assistant will have the following skills and experience:
- Previous accounting experience.
- Studying towards recognised bookkeeping / relevant qualification ideal, but not essential.
- Knowledge of Sage Line 50.
- Excellent understanding of double entry bookkeeping, including bank reconciliation.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work logically and methodically under pressure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional eye for detail.
- Entering invoices with speed and efficiency.
- Willingness to suggest and implement process improvements which benefit the business.
- Working knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft Office applications.
The Assistant will be working Monday to Friday 8.00 am to 5.00 pm (1-hour lunch).
The Assistant will receive a salary of between GBP22,000 to GBP25,000 per annum, dependant on experience or suitability to the role with benefits including 28 statutory days leave per annum and a workplace pension.
Apply online below with a CV and cover letter stating current salary.