I am recruiting for a leading business in Solihull looking for an Import / Purchasing Administrator for an immediate start. This will start as a 12 month Maternity Cover temporary assignment with the view to going permanent.
1. Support the import operation to maximise service to the business and its members whilst minimising costs. Tracking all products and throughput to the members against KPI's with VIM.
2. Identify seasonal peaks with the relevant business areas and service providers in order to support the inbound planning.
3. Provide logistics solutions, guidance and commercial support on new routes to market, including identification of any customs specific regulations or requirements relating to importing goods from the relevant countries
4. Work with specific areas of the business to streamline processes and improve data accuracy.
5. Day to day liaison with the freight forwarders, warehouse operations, hauliers and other 3PL's and resolution of issues relating to movement of all products.
6. Daily co-ordination of shipping documentation for customs clearance.
8. Manage a robust audit trail for all customs activities from goods classifications through to final submissions to HMRC.
9. Ensure all relevant systems are updated accurately with GRN's.
10. Ensure that the standard operating procedures for all operations are adhered to and advising the Retail Systems Manager if the procedures do not reflect the current operational and statutory requirements.
11. Support in ensuring specific supplier invoices conform to agreed rates including creating and resolving stop notes.
12. Prepare files from orders placed by the Category Managers.
13. Provide business data for analysis as required.
14. Provide support, training and guidance as required for.
15. Monitor the performance of freight forwarders, warehouse operations, hauliers and other third parties by setting clear KPIs and holding regular reviews. Ensure that lead times are monitored and supply chain delays are identified at an early stage.
16. Query resolution for members on late/non-delivered orders and damaged/imperfect goods.
17. Be the main point of contact for any UK third party warehouses inbound/outbound queries.
18. Any other duties as may, from time to time, be required by the Company.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/86122090