Junior Logistics Manager (Interim)
Exciting opportunity to bring your proven delegate management skills to this leading global creative events agency, working within their Automotive team in either their Midlands or London office.
Award-winning, independent agency with an unrivalled creative reputation for delivering exceptional live events and experiences worldwide for their hugely impressive client base.
Working within the agency's specialised Automotive team, you will support the team delivering a diverse range of projects for a prestigious car brand, including large scale events for 2000 delegates, high profile product launches, incentive travel and sponsorship events and everything in between.
As Junior Logistics Manager, you'll be responsible for supporting the team in all aspects of event execution including third party management, keeping within established budgets and timeframe.
- Respond to client briefs with appropriate project summary documentation
- Provide on-site 'hand on delivery' - including overseas, occasionally 4+ weeks
- Have good financial awareness and experience in consolidating project costs and budgetary control
- Provide payment schedules, reconciliations, invoices and savings as agreed with client service level agreement
- Work closely with relevant third-party suppliers in developing timelines and delivering project detail
- Support project communication, help manage internal teams, ensure schedules are adhered to and all documentation complete
- Liaise and collaborate with client and be responsive to their needs
- Propose new initiatives that help sustain and develop account
You are an ambitious, intelligent, highly motivated events professional with at least 1 year's experience in events logistics, now wanting to develop your career in a fantastic creative agency. If you have worked on launches, incentive travel and sponsorship events, that's even better.
You have solid knowledge of the events industry and are familiar with working with hotels, venues, caterers, entertainers. You have good budgetary and commercial skills, are used to working with specialist teams, including creative and production management.
In summary, you have the following skills and experience:
- First-hand knowledge of the events and exhibitions - drive events, launches, incentive travel and sponsorship events is beneficial
- Current knowledge of the events industry; hotels, venues, caterers, entertainers, etc.
- Producing scheduling and itinerary documentation
- Experience of delegate management systems
- Used to working with third-party suppliers: promotional staff, DMCs, venue contracts, etc
- Must be able to communicate well and build relationships with clients, other departments/colleagues and have a positive, 'can-do' attitude
- Extremely organised with the ability to prioritise work and deliver under pressure, pro-active with good interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Flexible and adaptable to new challenges and requirements and committed to learn and grow
- Enthusiastic, not averse to global travel, and willingness to sometimes work unsociable hours
(inc. weekends) from time to time
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Fluency in additional European Languages would be a significant benefit
This is a brilliant opportunity to work as part of an amazing team in either their Coventry or London office, and work on some great events globally!
If your experience and ambitions match the key requirements and responsibilities as listed above, please reflect these in your CV and click the "Apply" button now.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/86120521