We are looking to recruit an experienced Legal Secretary to join our Clients Family team, to provide administrative support within a busy team of fee earners.
• Take phone calls on behalf on the team, dealing with enquiries.
• Undertake audio typing of client correspondence/forms/documentation when required.
• Produce draft letters and emails to send clients and external organisations.
• Set up new matter instructions on the firms Practice Management System and CRM system.
• Issue the client care letter via email or post.
• Undertake file closure activity ensuring balances are appropriately actioned and client confirmation is issued.
• Prepare information for the Finance team covering billing and invoicing activities.
• General secretarial duties such as booking appointments, rooms and pool cars etc.
• Document management including photocopying, scanning, faxing, collating and binding.
• Work alongside Compliance in carrying out searches and background checks.
• Liaise with clients and external organisations over the telephone when required.
Skills and experience:
We are looking for an experienced Legal Secretary who thrives working in a team and takes a proactive approach to their work.
We will expect you to:
• Have worked as a Legal Secretary in any legal department;
• Have strong oral and written communication skills as this role involves a high level of client contact;
• Be highly organised and professional;
• Be motivated and enthusiastic with a positive 'can do' attitude, remaining calm when under pressure;
• Have an eye for detail, produce accurate work;
• Have proficient IT skills and the ability to learn new systems and technology quickly;
Our Client offers a modern fast paced working environment with an outstanding benefits package.