Position: Trainee Accountant
Salary: GBP15,500pa + Study Support
My client is a reputable and progressive retail business with some highly impressive trade connections. Due to investment and subsequent growth they are now looking to acquire the services of a Trainee Accountant to join their team. The fortunate candidate will work under an inspiring and supportive Finance Manager who is eager to promote the development and evolution of their next team member. The incumbent will undoubtedly benefit from the experience and resources available in a team such as this.
The role would be ideal for a candidate with aspirations to have a well-defined career path, which could lead to becoming a fully qualified accountant.
As part of the package, my client will provide you with the AAT qualification and this will be attained through hard work and study.
- Set up and maintain all aspects of the purchase ledger under supervision
- Enter accounts data onto Sage
- Check statements and invoices whilst ensuring accuracy and promptness
- Carry out day-to-day bookkeeping and record keeping
- Prepare weekly payroll
- Maintain cashflow statistics
- Candidates must be numerate, literate, driven and display genuine ambition
- Candidates will be expected to take pride in their work
- Must be able to display emotional intelligence and be able to communicate well at all levels
- Must have attention to detail and have an analytical and methodical approach to problem solving
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please submit an up-to-date CV including details about your current or most recent salary and your availability/notice period. You can also call Geoffrey Bridger on for a discreet and confidential discussion about the role.