RECEPTIONIST / DISPENSER/ ADMIN
MAIN PURPOSE OF POST: To provide a point of contact for patients in reception and act as a focal point of communication between patients, doctors and other medical staff. In dispensary to assist the doctors in their efforts to offer an effective and efficient repeat prescription service.
RESPONSIBLE TO:Practice General Manager/Pharmacist
LINE MANAGER:Reception / Dispensary Supervisors
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POST:
1. GENERAL RECEPTION:
* Ensure efficiency of appointment system and monitor flow of patients into consulting & treatment rooms.
* Ensure that patients without appointments, but who need urgent consultation' are seen in a logical and non-disruptive manner.
* Explain practice arrangements and formal requirements to new patients and those seeking temporary cover; ensure procedures are completed correctly.
* Advise patients of relevant charges for private services; accept payment and issue invoices and receipts for same.
* Respond to all queries and requests for assistance from patients and other visitors.
* Enter requests for home visits onto computer, including all relevant information. Where necessary refer to duty doctor.
* Action requests for emergency transport when necessary.
2.MANAGEMENT OF APPOINTMENT SYSTEM
* Ensure total familiarity with all appointment systems, including regular and incidental variations.
* Book appointments and recalls with an appropriate clinician, of a suitable length, ensuring patient details are correct.
* Monitor effectiveness of system and report any problems or variations required.
3.PREPARATION OF CONSULTING ROOMS
* Ensure that the consulting rooms are prepared in readiness for each consulting session, checking full range of forms and requirements and re-stocking as required.
* Ensure that the consulting rooms are checked at the end of each session and left neat & tidy.
4.OPERATION OF THE TELEPHONE SYSTEM
* Receive and make calls as required. Divert calls and take messages as appropriate.
* Ensure that the system is operational at the beginning of each day and switched over to night service and answerphone operation at the end of each day
* Ensure all documents are scanned into the Vision System and allocated as appropriate.
* Patient registration and de-registration.
* Third party checking of notes and photocopying necessary documents.
* Any other administrative tasks appropriate to role for the efficient running of the Practice.
6. DISPENSARY DUTIES:
* Receive patient requests for authorised repeat prescriptions whether in writing, in person or by telephone
* Ensure the accurate and timely processing of POD prescriptions
* Prepare all repeat prescription form ready for the doctor's signature.
* Ensure that any problems or queries regarding repeat prescribing are brought to the attention of the appropriate doctor and that follow up action is taken to resolve such matters.
* Perform housekeeping duties on prescriptions ready for issue and bring to the attention of the Supervisor any that are not collected.
* To follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) at all times with regard to dispensing, labelling and issuing.
* Ensure any items issued to patients at dispensary are double checked.
* Ensure that the daily drug order to the wholesaler is processed and that it is received correctly.
* Perform face-to-face Dispensing Reviews and Use of Medicines (DRUM's) with appropriate patients on an on-going basis.
* Review stock levels, expiry dates and perform general drug stock housekeeping on a regular basis.
* Log all dispensing errors reported and ensure they are passed onto the Supervisor immediately.
* Ensure weekly remote delivery medicines are assembled and appropriately logged before despatch.
* Ensure all faxed/e mail requests for medicines for nursing/residential home patients are processed efficiently following procedure.
* Any other delegated duties considered appropriate to the post.
INTERESTED? PLease click on APPLY and follow the online instruction