IT Field Service Engineer
Are you an experienced IT Field Service Engineer?
My client, a leading IT services organisation are currently recruiting for experienced IT Project Engineers to work within a large retailer completing installation, configuration and testing of various IT and EPOS equipment
The successful IT Engineers will work for approximately 6 months starting mid-May
Full training will be provided
What will your day to day activities involve?
- Complete installation of new routers and switches into the store's comms cabinet
- Reconfiguration of all IT equipment in the store that connects to the store network. This includes tills, self-checkouts, staff workstations, hand-held terminals, wireless access points, printers, fridge monitor and attendance time clock
- Testing of all reconfigured equipment
- Problem diagnosis and resolution
- Engineers MUST have experience of undertaking installation / upgrade / break-fix work in a retail environment
- Engineers must be very PC-competent
- Have a good knowledge of IP address configuration
- Good diagnostic and problem-resolution skills
- Must have a full UK Driving license and own reliable vehicle with business insurance
- Must be able to pass vetting (which will include a criminal history and credit check)
- 1 -2 sites per day - throughout your centralised area
- Shifts will be a mixture of days and nights between Sun - Fri. Expectation of 4-5 shifts per week
- Full manufacturer training will be supplied
What's on offer?
- You will be paid GBP144 per day shift, GBP180 per night shift (inclusive of first 75 miles travelled - pro rata'd over week)
If you are interested in this project and would like to be considered, please click apply or send across an up to date copy of your CV