Craven Arms, Shropshire
Full Time (39.5 hrs per week)
My client has a vacancy at their offices in Craven Arms for a full time Transport Administrator.
My client offers competitive starting salary and a lively, modern working environment.
Role Purpose: To provide a transport administrative support function for the multi-drop delivery service in support of the Company's business plan and objectives.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinate the day to day transport function in reference to rota preparation, routes, driver / vehicle availability
- Process daily run sheets and courier information onto respective database
- Liaise with Sales and Warehouse Manager to advise on and revise delivery runs to ensure optimum customer service
- Record, transmit and monitor driver timesheets to ensure compliance with working time regulations
- Utilise vehicle tracking software to monitor performance and maximise efficiency
- Arrange and manage driver training to ensure compliance with legislation and best practise
- Process driver tachograph information and follow up on recommendations / infringements
- Liaise with Transport Manager and Fleet Mechanic on general upkeep, repair and maintenance of the delivery fleet to optimise vehicle availability
- Follow proper operations and procedures so as to remain compliant with ISO quality and health & safety standards
- Perform any other duties as required and as commensurate with the role
Skills and Knowledge required/ desired :
Working Time Regulations (Drivers)
Tachograph Rules / Procedures
Holder of full, clean driving licence
Awareness of health & safety (driving, loading, manual handling)
If you are interested in the role, and think you have the skills my client is looking for, then I would like to hear from you.
Please forward your CV to Michele.
Absolute Personnel specialises in temporary and permanent recruitment for commercial, industrial, catering, transport and skilled & technical sectors. If this vacancy is not of interest to you, we have other opportunities available in these sectors at