Health & Safety Manager
Our client is a growing and award-winning SME business who use their online presence to sell a wide variety of products to non-trade customers to include landlords, DIY Renovators and individual customers. Their product range varies from budget buys to more luxurious items so caters for all tastes. This business is now looking to acquire the services of a Health & Safety Manager to take the lead on all Health, Safety and Environmental matters to ensure the business always complies with H&S legislation and wider company standards. This role with suit a NEBOSH qualified professional who has worked in both warehouse/distribution and office-based environments as their H&S remit will cover both different working spaces. This role is based from the Nuneaton HQ but will require weekly/monthly travel to the Liverpool site. Following a period of business change and in the injection of new senior management ideas; this is an exciting time to join our client, and in return, they can offer a varied and rewarding role within a dynamic and environmentally aware business.
- Work with key stakeholders at each site to develop and implement Company-wide initiatives embedding compliant and best practice approaches to ensure a safety focused environment.
- Develop and review the OH&S Management system.
- Ensure Contractors are compliant and have the necessary insurance and permits to carry out their service at site.
- Ensure approval of contracting companies and their adherence to site rules.
- Ensure Safety Audits are carried out recording visits, findings and actions.
- Review and carry out risk assessments recording visits, findings and actions.
- Monitor and record accidents, incidents and near misses providing support where necessary with investigation reports and making recommendations for remedial actions.
- Make submissions of reportable incidents to HSE in line with legal requirements for RIDDOR.
- Provide guidance to create a safety focused environment through advice, training and support.
- Collate monthly information and statistics relating to accident, incident and near misses.
- Present HSE findings and reports to the Exec Team.
- Organise and chair the H&S Committee Meetings ensuring all committee members have adequate information and the necessary training to support them in their role.
- Provide assistance with insurance queries.
- Determine and maintain policies relating to H&S.
- Liaise closely with Facilities Manager to ensure cohesion in practices and shared issues.
- Managing budgets for H&S to include regular planning and forecasting.
Skills and Experience:
- You will have a minimum of 2 years H&S experience at management level.
- NEBOSH Diploma or National General Certificate.
- Fully conversant and up-to-date with all aspects of H&S legislation.
- Experience with Hazard Identification, Risk Assessment and Risk Management.
- Computer literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Power-point.
- Able to multi task and prioritise in a fast-paced multi-functional environment.
- Attention to detail, organised with strong time management skills.
- Good decision maker with the ability to undertake investigations and lead H&S practices.
If you are interested in the above role then please apply with your CV or phone Joanna Middleton on for a private and confidential discussion.