About Our Client
Our client is the UK subsidiary of a leading global manufacturing business.
Reporting to the MD, you will be required to drive improvements in systems, processes and controls, enhancing financial reporting and planning. You will be responsible for all finance decisions that affect the UK business.
Key Duties include:
- Provide strategic and operational financial leadership.
- Ensure all financial practices are in line with statutory regulations and legislation.
- Manage year end statutory accounts and audit process.
- Management of the annual budgeting process.
- Oversee financial accounting and treasury functions ensuring financial control processes are adhered to.
- Lead and develop the finance team.
- Involvement in all financial planning, financial accounting control.
- Ensuring the provision of appropriate financial information e.g. monthly management reporting to the board.
- Identify key risks and opportunities.
- Ability to act as a business partner to the MD and senior management team, providing strategic, analytical and business support.
- Provide all supporting analysis to validate strategy and business plan.
- Treasury and cash flow management
The Successful Applicant
We are looking for fully qualified ACA/ACCA or ACMA Accountant with a proven track record in a finance leadership role, ideally within an automotive manufacturing business. You will have strong financial controls experience and be experienced in developing financial management systems, procedures and controls.
You will be comfortable supervising and developing a small finance team. You will have "handson" approach and happy to get into the detail but also have the ability to contribute at Board level offering your strategic and commercial acumen. You will demonstrate the ability to positively communicate with colleagues, customers and suppliers in order to form and maintain good working relationships.