Portfolio Risk Manager
Portfolio Risk Manager
Midlands / Banbury / Birmingham
Who we are
An award-winning bank here to help Britain's go-getters.
More about us
In 2009, Aldermore set out to be the bank helping those with ideas, big and small, to realise their dreams and to seek and seize opportunity in their personal and professional lives. We call it banking for the bold. Today, we're an award winning bank that has helped fund the growth of Britain's small businesses through a range of business finance solutions, specialist mortgages and savings accounts that provides our customers with the support they need to make things happen.
Join us if you want to find yourself at the heart of a dynamic, growing organisation where our employees are empowered to grow their expertise and build their careers.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Invoice Finance Risk Team, as Portfolio Risk Manager. The role, reporting in to the Head of Portfolio Risk supports risk management and problem identification in the Invoice and Specialist Finance client portfolio. The successful person will be helping Aldermore to to minimise risk by providing challenge and support to the Relationship Management teams in higher risk situations.
The successful candidate will ensure delivery of key risk controls and possess class leading problem identification and resolution skills.
- Use agreed processes and activities to promptly identify risks in the given Invoice Finance and Specialist Finance Portfolios
- Ensure that identified risks are categorised accordingly and have active, regularly reviewed strategies in place to remedy the risks
- Ensure that colleagues are properly briefed on problem cases as appropriate
- Involvement where needed in the credit process to ensure that business is underwritten, reviewed and amended inline with Aldermore's credit appetite
- Use agreed mandate authorities when required to support sales and client management teams to ensure that client facilities are drawn down in a timely and secure manner and maintained in-line with the terms of their sanction
- Support other parts of the organisation in respect of compliance requirements and staff development around credit and risk management
- Support local client managers and the Leadership team in respect of problem client and Collect Out situations to include, in the right circumstances, the management of such facilities in order to achieve a determined strategy
- An Invoice Finance / ABL background with bias towards client management and risk.
- A proven ability to make robust yet commercial credit decisions
- A proven track record in interpretation of pre and post lend reports inclusive of identification and solution of funding / risk issues.
- Ability to identify key risk issues that may impact on the recovery against of assets funded
- Experience of recovery processes preferred to maximise recovery of Invoice Finance business.
As you would expect, this opportunity offers a competitive basic salary, company car or car allowance and reward package, and you'll also benefit from our commitment to investing in your professional development.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by Aldermore will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by HR.
Where a DBS check or CIFAS check is identified as necessary, all application forms, job adverts and recruitment briefs will contain a statement that an application for a DBS certificate or a CIFAS check will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position.
Aldermore is an equal opportunities employer