FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER
Role: Field Service Engineer
Salary: 28-30K Basic plus extensive benefits, car, mobile, pension
Location: West Midlands
Our client is a highly renowned and regarded privately owned business with over 50 years trading experience within the UK aggregates and minerals sector. The company operates one of the most modern aggregate and mineral contracting fleets across Europe, which combines with award-winning Health, Safety and Environmental initiatives to position our client as an industry leader, providing safe and sustainable aggregates and mineral extraction.
Due to the company's continued growth, our client is now seeking to appoint a Field Service Engineer covering the West Midlands region.
- To undertake the maintenance, diagnosis and repair of various brands such as Caterpillar, Komatsu and Volvo within a geographical area (hydraulic excavators, articulated haulers, wheeled loaders etc).
- To carry out inspection and local preparation, including: the fitting of buckets, reverse cameras, reversing radars etc
- To identify mechanical problems, using technical knowledge
- To order parts for your work as necessary and to return parts in a clean condition and at the time of job completion
- Accurate completion of systems/paperwork (including but not limited to oil sample reports).
- Complete daily timesheets in 'real time' providing comprehensive details of the work undertaken
- To carry out all work in line with quotations and time guides, highlighting to management where additional work may be required
- To ensure company tool defects are reported, use is in line with current test periods and in line with instructions/training
- Complete a dynamic risk assessment and method statement prior to commencing any work.
- Relevant experience in the repair and maintenance of heavy construction plant - Bulldozers, dumptrucks, excavators, graders, loading shovels etc
- Proven technical competence on diesel engines, transmissions, drive lines, hydraulics and electrical systems.
- Be a good team worker.
- Work with a cost-conscious mindset to ensure maximum profitability.
- Conscientious in all aspects of the job.
- Highly responsible, reliable.
A formal engineering qualification in Plant Maintenance, Agricultural/HGV mechanics (NVQ Level 3 / city and guilds or equivalent)
Package on offer:
- Salary circa 28-30K Plus overtime (paid at time and a half or double time)
- Hours 40hrs 7am- 3.30pm Monday to Friday
- Holidays 20 days plus stat with further holidays based on longevity
- Company car
- Death in service, pension, mobile, fuel card
This is a great time to join an impressive company who appreciates and values its employees. If you have the relevant skills or are interested in discussing this role in more depth, please do not hesitate to contact a member of the team at Cove Recruitment where we will be happy to assist.
We take your Data Rights seriously. Please read through the below to understand how we treat your data.
Cove Recruitment Ltd. (R1 Pine Suite, Mamhilad House, Mamhilad Park Estate, Pontypool, NP4 0HZ,) has collected and stored your resume and contact details.
We process this data for recruitment purposes only. We are storing this data in our Applicant Tracking System, and we will not share it with anyone else without your consent.
We would like to keep this data until our open role is filled. [We cannot estimate the exact time period, but we will consider this period over when a candidate accepts our job offer for the position for which we are considering you.] When that period is over, we will either delete your data or inform you that we will keep it in our database for future roles.