Risk Manager Commercial Banking
Our client is growing rapidly and as a result has a brand new role for a Risk Manager to join their growing Risk & Compliance team.
As the Risk Manager - Commercial Banking you will act as a second line of defence across the bank's activities which sit within the commercial banking space. The role holder will proactively support the business to ensure that the Bank maintains and operates a comprehensive risk management culture and framework. You will provide second line of defence oversight, monitoring and control of the risks impacting the business (covering all aspects of risk), as well as preparing summary reports and schedules for Risk Committees and Board. In addition you will take on the responsibility of ensuring that all departmental administration, records and diary systems are maintained effectively.
As the Risk Manager - Commercial Banking your responsibilities and duties will include:
- Supporting the Risk Team in undertaking the 2nd Line monitoring plan across all aspects of the Bank
- Assisting in monitoring and control of the Bank's overall risk exposures, preparing accurate summary reports and schedules for Risk Committees and Board on a timely basis.
- Secretary to Conduct Risk & Compliance committee
- Ensuring departmental administration, files, records and diary systems are managed effectively and kept up to date.
If you are currently in a Risk Manager - Commercial Banking this is the ideal next step in your career
Principal objectives of the Risk Manager - Commercial Banking role:
- Ensuring that the bank's values are upheld across the organisation
- Continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, people, re-organisation and the impact of new technology.
- Ensuring that all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring and by addressing any areas of concern with line management and/or the appropriate department.
About the Company
Our client is a fast growing, fully independent bank with great scope for progression within the business.