An internationally renowned and multi-award winning materials manufacturing business to the construction industry is currently seeking a Development Chemist to join their facility on a permanent basis. Your main focus will be formulating and developing new products to meet agreed briefs/specifications from customers and clients.
Development Chemist Responsibilities:
* Responsible for implementing new or alternative raw materials.
* Keeping own knowledge and the Company abreast of latest technology and innovation.
* Keep an informative relationship with new and existing suppliers to benefit innovation, product development & cost efficiency of products.
* Support manufacturing operations & quality control at times of need with focus on maintaining quality production throughout.
* Take responsibility and supervise plant trials on new developments and ensure quality & production are fully supported in handover of formulations.
* Maintain laboratory records and data system for projects and products for which you have responsibility.
* Have responsibility for constant improvement of standard operating procedures within your work environment.
Development Chemist Requirements:
* Degree qualified in Chemistry or closely related field of study.
* Possess a strong formulation background within the construction material industry. Materials would ideally include cement, aggregates, adhesives and bitumen.
* Possess excellent communication skills.
* Positive attitude, self-motivated and a good team player.
* Able to create high quality technical reports.
In return, you will be offered a competitive package dependent upon experience and skill set; £25k-£35k + benefits.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/85914405