Project / Programme Manager
Project / Programme Manager
Location: Birmingham, B3 2ES
Salary: Competitive Salary
About the Company:
This is a fantastic time to join West Midlands Trains as we embark on your new franchise to improve our passenger's journeys. As part of the wider Abellio Group, West Midlands Trains Ltd, operates as a joint venture - West Midlands Railway and London Northwestern Railway, delivering over 1,300 safe and reliable services per day for more than a 60 million passengers per year. Since the start of our franchise in 2017 we have been committed to improving our services, investing a whopping GBP1 billion into the region's network, GBP18million in the development of all our workforce.
West Midlands Trains has an exciting opportunity for a Programme Manager to join our Commercial team based at Birmingham Head Offices for a two-year project as the project lead for the replacement of Tribute Desktop Ticket Issuing System, ensuring it is fit for purpose, meeting the needs of changing customer requirements, and delivering against franchise obligations
Project / Programme Manager Responsibilities:
- Principal responsibility for delivering a new desktop ticketing issuing system to replace the end of life Tribute system, which meets the needs of evolving retail requirements, including the retail to smart media.
- Develop improvements in the system with key departments, stakeholders and suppliers.
- Live and staging infrastructure, system and process testing.
- Liaise with other members of the Retail Systems team providing support for the management of TVMs, Desktop and Mobile TIS.
- Liaise with internal communications team to improve engagement and system understanding of frontline colleagues.
- Provide expert knowledge base and facilitate West Midland Trains champions.
- Liaise with key suppliers to convert technical manuals into colleague training and help guides
- Liaise with Train Crew management, Station management and Academy management to develop and support training programmes.
Project / Programme Manager Requirements:
- Experience of leading projects through to a successful conclusion.
- Highly organised with experience of project planning tools and production of reports and updates to the business and key stakeholders.
- Experience of developing and issuing briefing material.
- Experience of developing training programmes, coaching and engagement processes.
- Experience of contract management, asset control, contract maintenance and auditing.
- Knowledge of webtis, STDB/CMS and internal control/management systems.
- Ideally you will have experience in a rail operation or a retail environment and bring knowledge of legacy TIS Infrastructure and processes as well as knowledge of the ITSO scheme.
Project / Programme Manager Benefits:
- Free first-class travel on West Midlands Trains and other Abellio group trains for you.
- 75% discount on all other train operating companies over most of the UK rail network.
- Enrolment of our West Midland Railways Pension Scheme and our pension salary sacrifice scheme - Smart Pensions.
If you meet the Project / Programme Manager requirements and feel the role would be a good fit, then please apply today!