Are you an experienced Grinder looking to break into the Formula 1 sector? Want to work in a modern manufacturing facility with state of the art equipment, plenty of overtime and an environment that encourages training and development? Then we want to hear from you!
Trading for over 50 years, the business specializes in the manufacture of bespoke gears and spline gauges for industry specific needs. They have state of the art equipment and facilities, along with a team of over 50 staff across production. A constant investor in people, they strive to nurture engineers from within and develop a strong skill base in an increasingly difficult market.
Benefits for the role include a salary between GBP26 - GBP31K per annum, Overtime available both weekday and Saturday, 32 days holiday including bank holidays, company pension, opt into private healthcare, and childcare vouchers
Responsibilities for the role include -
- Setting and operating a range of grinding machines both Manual & CNC
- Working on surface, OD, cylindrical, universal, form and gear grinding machinery
- Manual surface grinding and finishing when required
- Lapping, finishing and polishing to an ultra fine finish
- Quality inspection of all parts produced, using quality measuring equipment
- Working from engineering drawings, and following job route cards
We would love to hear from you if you've had experience in the following -
- Form, Universal, Surface, Cylindrical, gear, OD or CNC grinding
- Be able to setup machines and produce one off or small batch parts
- Apprentice trained or have a solid toolmaking / precision machining background
- Be able to understand and interpret customer designs / drawings in order to machine to an extremely close tolerance
Working hours are 6:30am - 5pm Monday to Thursday
Also there are night shifts available, working 8pm - 6am Monday to Thursday, which would offer a further 25% shift allowance
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your details on our talent management system to consider you for future opportunities.