An exciting permanent opportunity to join an automotive business located in Wales. This opportunity will suit a Manufacturing Engineer, Process Engineer or Production Engineer who has previous experience of working within the automotive industry, ideally for an OEM or Tier 1 Supplier.
This is what you'll be doing
You'll be reporting into the Manufacturing Manager, being responsible for providing continuous improvement by focused problem solving using data from customer returns and internal quality data on both product and internal systems.
- Lead LEAN activities working toward productivity improvement, scrap reduction and a reduction in waste.
- Engineer improvements into the process on new part by using advanced planning techniques.
- Review, and where possible introduce new improved methods of manufacturing.
- Support the introduction of new products and process by creation of work instructions.
- Assist in accessing feasibility with regards to new business opportunities.
- Assist and define the production processes for new business activities.
- Support the design of equipment required within the manufacturing process.
- Conduct early equipment reviews on new plant and propose layout changes.
- Participate in new business project team activities working to support flawless launches.
- Develop and improve production processes
The experience you'll bring to the team
- A relevant Engineering Degree, or HNC/HND qualification.
- Demonstrable experience of Production Engineering; Process Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering with a fast moving manufacturing environment, ideally gained from within the automotive sector.
- Knowledge and experience of LEAN tools & techniques
- Analytical mind-set with regards to specific planning, data and project management activities.
- Methodical attitude and an excellent eye for detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with cross-functional teams.
And this is what you'll get in return
A base salary of circa GBP40,000 + Benefits.
Including 25 days annual leave, plus 8 bank holidays (total of 33 days holiday).
You'll be joining a business currently experiencing significant growth, which is also able to offer fantastic progression & training opportunities.
Are you up to the challenge?
Are you what we're looking for? Please get in touch today with engineering specialist recruiter, Richard Pearson.
Please apply with a CV and feel free to include a cover letter outlining why you're perfect for the role. We also have a referral scheme so if you know of someone who would be great for the role please get in touch.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.